Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2005, 06:06 PM
metalwayz

Day of the Dead re-make

DETAILS

- No word if this is getting a theatrical or direct-to-video release.
- It's safe to assume that original creator George Romero will have nothing to do with this film.
+Emmett/Furla Films are also working on the Wicker Man and Terror Train remakes.
- Producer James Dudelson also produced and directed the unrelated Day of the Dead 2: Contagium.
+ The producers will by Avi Lerner, Randall Emmett and James Dudelson.
+Produced by Nu Image/Millennium Films, which will distribute the movie with Emmett/Furla Films and Taurus Entertainment.
+ A remake of the original 1985 Romero film.

Ok this is another one of Geroge Romero's zombie movies being re-made by Tom Salvini (or howere the hell you spell his last name). He remade "Night of the Living Dead" in the 90s, then most resently "Dawn of the Dead" in 2003, and now George's 3rd masterpiece zombie film "Day of the Dead". I relly loved the "Dawn of the Dead' remake and the "Night of the Living Dead" remake so I'm really looking forward to this!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:08 PM
new owner of hell

ill probibly see it.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:30 PM

Tom Savini didn't remake "Dawn of the Dead"
Dawn of the Dead 2003 was directed by: Zack Snyder
I would definitely like to see a "Day of the Dead" remake, It would be cool to see Toms' spin on Georges' original idea.
I liked His 1990 "Night of the Living Dead" remake.
I haven't seen "Day of the Dead 2 Contagium" yet, I'll have to check it out when it comes out on the 18th of October.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:32 PM
new owner of hell

Quote:
Originally posted by zomb5150
Tom Savini didn't remake "Dawn of the Dead"
Dawn of the Dead 2003 was directed by: Zack Snyder
I would definitely like to see a "Day of the Dead" remake, It would be cool to see Toms' spin on Georges' original idea.
I liked His 1990 "Night of the Living Dead" remake.
I haven't seen "Day of the Dead 2 Contagium" yet, I'll have to check it out when it comes out on the 18th of October.
i wouldnt mind seeing tommy boys spin on the film eather. he did an excelent job on NOTLD for every thing from casting to effects.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Evil Dead

It's just a shame people are getting excited about remakes of classic Romero movies instead of new product by the man himself.
Judging by Land Of The Dead he has lost the ability to make them the way he used to.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:44 AM
Your funeral... my trial

This is one remake that I think could turn out well. I thought the new Day of the Dead was pretty decent, and with Tom Savini in charge, I'm hopeful that this one will stay close in tone and spirit to the original. I'll be looking forward to it.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Evil Puppy

I'll see them all, hope Day 2 is ok, I love zombies though so I'm sure I'll find something about them I like.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:09 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Day 2 sounds like crap IMO, but Ill check out the remake. Hopefully Savini really is directing, cant say I trust the fella who posted this much though. Source?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Day 2 sounds like crap IMO, but Ill check out the remake. Hopefully Savini really is directing, cant say I trust the fella who posted this much though. Source?
As far as the 'Day' 2, it just seems wrong. It'd be liek in 10 years if some other director made a Matrix Reloaded 2. it just doesn't make sense.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:16 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
As far as the 'Day' 2, it just seems wrong. It'd be liek in 10 years if some other director made a Matrix Reloaded 2. it just doesn't make sense.
I agree that it IS wrong...but in a different way.

The Matrix films are without a doubt a full fledged trilogy, while the Dead trilogy [Quadrilogy?] is less conected. All 3 Matrix's continue the same story with the same characters, while Day has very little to do witth Dawn. VERY little. So while Matrix Reloaded 2 would be intrupting a series, DotD 2 is just retarted:p

The reason, IMO: It takes a story that was finished very nicely, then adds more onto it. Plus, Ive heared they try to explain the epidemic, which just completly ruins the idea of the REAL Dead movies, IMO the mystery is what makes them scary.