Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Neverending will be happy to read this one: Repulsion

Thoroughly enjoyed it, Catherine Deneuve (sp?) was excellent. I agree with NE, you all need to see this film.
Yeah this is a good one. I only saw it recently. Like a few years ago. Very surprising.

Chernobyl Diaries -

I wasn't in a rush to watch this "movie." I only got the chance to see it at a friend's on Cinemax. Ingrid Bolsų Berdal was the only reason I added the movie to my watch list. She was in Cold Prey. Which was pretty good. But the premise of Chernobyl Diaries was predictable to me. Little did I know not only would the movie be predicable but it's not really a "movie" either. It comes off more like a student film or experiment by the director. An "I bet we can make a horror movie here on the cheap" type thing. It's not scary at all. Not in the look or feel. In fact the best horror moments were a scene with an animal and an abandoned fountain area. The only thing this film got right was the casting of the girls. They are all beautiful and fairly interesting. The final girl should get better parts in the future as she had a strong performance.

Additional - Even the premise of this movie is stupid. Only the final girl is smart in not wanting to go originally. If some one told you let's go to a fallout area no one in their right mind would want to go. And I get many people do dumb things when they are young. But survival sense usually kicks in. Yet I guess one day we will see a "let's go swimming near Fukushima movie" eventually. Just because people might just want to see it.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 08-11-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: More Thoughts
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 AM
HorrorNerd

Shutter (2008)

I'm on the fence with this one. It was watchable, but not very good. It is an American remake of an Asian ghost story, and after watching it I felt like I needed to see the original. For some reason Asian horror just loses something in translation.

4/10
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 AM
HDC's old chick

Watched Apartment 143 on Saturday. I enjoyed it, even though it really wasn't scary.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Sometimes dead is better

My Bloody Valentine 3-D- 7/10

This film is a pretty decent remake. The acting was surprisingly good for a film like this. In some ways, it feels more like a modern sequel than a remake. The films is far from brilliant and it could easily be argued that the original was better, but it is still a very entertaining film.

Note: I had seen this one before, but it had been a while.

Storm of the Century (1999): 10/10

I watched this film earlier today and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The story/premise was both interesting and unique. The acing was excellent and the character development equally excellent. Additionally, I found it was quite creepy. Furthermore, the atmosphere was perfect. It is pretty long (about four hours), but it never has a dull moment. Anyway, I really enjoyed it.

Note: I had never seen this one before.

Last edited by metternich1815; 08-12-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added Storm of the Century
Old 08-13-2013, 10:57 AM
HorrorNerd

Doghouse

Doghouse

Solid zombie/infected horror comedy in the same vein as Shaun of the Dead. Some good gore, and an interesting cast of all-female zombies. Worth watching.

7/10
Old 08-14-2013, 02:35 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Stoker" 7/10

It was alright, but for a Chan-wook Park movie it was pretty harmless.

My favorite part, and probably the only thing i will remember from this movie, was
the piano scene. That was a great scene and the tune was awsome.

India: What do you want from me?
Charles: I want us to be friends.
India: We don't need to be friends. We're family.

:D
Old 08-14-2013, 07:29 AM
That fucking Guy...

The Worlds End.
Funny. Well made bit of entertainment.
IMO preferable to Hot Fuzz, doesn't quite live up to Shaun (what does?).
Fans of the Wright/Pegg/Frost productions won't be disappointed.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:31 AM
HorrorNerd

The Bay

The Bay

Another "found footage" documentary style horror flick, but this one feels a bit more "real" than most, and actually seems plausible as you watch it. The creatures are deliciously disgusting, and the plot simple and tight. Recommend.

8/10
Old 08-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Opera (1987): 9/10

I watched this film for the first time today and I really enjoyed it. This film is likely to be one of my favorite Argento films (I have also seen Suspiria and Deep Red, which were really good too). There is a very artistic quality to it. Plus, it was great as a mystery (which is an aspect of giallo). Also, there were several quite suspenseful scenes. The acting was not brilliant, but it was not bad. The plot was very unique and interesting. On that note, I had my suspicions of who the killer was (and my initial impressions proved ultimately correct), but by the end of the film I was not so sure. Overall, an excellent film, definitely worth a watch.

The Devil's Rejects (2005): 10/10

I watched this for the first time today and I loved it. I do not know if I love it more or less than the original (I would say I love them equally in their own way). I loved that Michael Berryman (who played the most famous cannibal in The Hills Have Eyes) had a cameo and I also loved how the Marx Brothers were part of the plot. For some reason, I never put two and two together on the Marx Brothers and these films (by the way, I am a big Marx Brothers fan). As for the film, there were some tremendous performances and even more brilliant direction. I thought Zombie direction with this film was very unique. I also liked how this and House of 1000 Corpses both were able to have a very 70s feel. I had conflicted feelings with the characters in this film (especially at the end). I felt the sheriff went way too far and was nearly as bad as the main family, while simultaneously I wanted him to be successful because this family was extremely terrible. All of this amounts to an excellent film, in my opinion. Also, the music in the film was pretty good too (especially the end song). Anyway, an all-around excellent film, in my opinion.

Last edited by metternich1815; 08-15-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

^Horrible scary film. Watched it a couple of years ago to see if it had the same effect..it did..shudder.

Killing Season (2013)

Terrible but surprisingly gory manhunt film with DeNiro and Travola. Worth watching for John's face hair.

Cutter's Way (1981)
Interesting, well written and amazingly acted movie. Not sure it it entirely worked for me but John Heard stole the show as the alkie crippled nam vet..

Tags
movie