Old 07-01-2020, 12:17 AM
That fucking Guy...

Game Trailers

I figured there may as well be one of these here too.

I'll start with a remarkable looking game...sequel to a very unusual and interesting title "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice" which was like playing art.

For those unaware of the title it's a tale of an 8th century female pict warrior seeking revenge/release of the soul of her husband that was slain in a viking raid...by travelling through the levels of Hel/Hellheim to essentially take on Hela.

She's grieving, and also experiencing psychosis which people of her time and location consider a curse that has been handed down through her family.

A psychology professor/university lecturer was bought on board to ensure greater authenticity in the experience.
Your character sees things, and hears whispers and voices - and of course, the ghost of her dead husband (who's head she is carrying) speaks with her too.

The narrative is told through the voices in her head, who serve as "hints" but also they talk amongst themselves and about the character and events...it's very strange and almost like you're getting read the story of what you're playing through.
It's also very disconcerting, super atmospheric.
They suggest playing it with a surround headset to experience the effect fully, but trust me, it's bad enough on a TV...

Stunning looking game...and just...truly different.
Made by "Ninja Theory" who brought me one of my favourite games of the last generation, Enslaved: Oddysey to the West (another one to check out), they also did Heavenly Sword and DMC.

So while I'd suggest the first one...the second one looks absolutely amazing...and supposedly this teaser trailer is all in-engine footage too:

At the moment it's being billed as a Microsoft PC/XBOX next gen game only...but these days things eventually (usually) make all platforms.
Looks crazy nice huh...?

Add and discuss your game trailers here...
Old 07-01-2020, 02:37 PM
Immortal horror fan

Here are the horror ones that I noted that I'll most likely get.