Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
LONG TIME NO SEE

Howdy :) how you doin' sexy :D
now pass me some beers :D

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 07-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Undead

Last movie I saw was THE RUNAWAYS, very great movie on the formation of The Runaways. One of my favorite teen band movies I've seen, and this is the only one I've seen.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Evil Dead

"The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes" (1970)

Plot: IMDB
Director Billy Wilder adds a new and intriguing twist to the personality of intrepid detective Sherlock Holmes. One thing hasn't changed however: Holmes' crime-solving talents. Holmes and Dr. Watson take on the case of a beautiful woman whose husband has vanished. The investigation proves strange indeed, involving six missing midgets, villainous monks, a Scottish castle, the Loch Ness monster, and covert naval experiments.

Phantom's Review:
One of the best Holmes movies. Humor, mystery, action and romance. A classic
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X

Last edited by X¤MurderDoll¤X; 07-21-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Eastern Promises

Really liked this one, well paced and well performed (Viggo Mortensen in particular) as Naomi Watts' midwife tries to find out the truth concerning a 14 year old Russian girl who died in childbirth. The trail leads her to people trafficking and the Russian mafia, and to our man Viggo who's a driver and friend to the son of the mafia boss.

David Cronenberg hit all the right notes with this, believable characters and his unerring way of showing the true brutality of violence. Good film.

Flesh + Blood

Medieval actioner from Paul Verhoeven, as Rutger Hauer and his band of mercenaries kidnap the fiancee of young lord in revenge for being betrayed. A young Jennifer Jason Leigh spends most of her time naked in this, using her body to keep Rutger as her protector within the mercs group. I first saw this when I was about 10, the bloke in video city rental shop didnt give a shit if you were underage as long as you paid up and this sordid, bloody affair warped my fragile little mind! Its fairly brainless but quality entertainment.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 07-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Bad Natured

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988). This one is for Novakru. How a silly B-movie can be smart is beyond me, but Killer Klowns is just that. Just about every clown cliché is used and abused in this fun flick, but instead of being corny it transcends into the realms of flat-out funny. For those that hate horror comedies this flick is not for you. As well, keep those kiddies away as this one is twisted enough to turn Bozo into the Devil, unless of course you want to cure them of their childhood. The acting is splendid b-movie bad, but not so much as to be detracting. The effects are actually pretty decent for low budget fun, and the story is simple though original. The killer hijinks are simply carnival sublime. Yoohoo! Merci beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post

Flesh + Blood

Medieval actioner from Paul Verhoeven, as Rutger Hauer and his band of mercenaries kidnap the fiancee of young lord in revenge for being betrayed. A young Jennifer Jason Leigh spends most of her time naked in this, using her body to keep Rutger as her protector within the mercs group. I first saw this when I was about 10, the bloke in video city rental shop didnt give a shit if you were underage as long as you paid up and this sordid, bloody affair warped my fragile little mind! Its fairly brainless but quality entertainment.
The guy who played Summer in this film was from my home town and I saw him in many local theatrical productions. He was quite the most renowned actor in town at the time. He never really lived up to his potential in Hollywood, mostly getting bit parts like a motorcycle cop in Annie Hall, a deranged killer in several episodes of St. Elsewhere and such. His role in this film is one of his largest.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-22-2010, 08:53 AM
That fucking Guy...

Cop Out
Actually a fair bit better than what I was expecting. Nice to see Willis in a comedy role with some action going on too...Morgan is not half as annoying as usual...
Kind've takes you back to when every few films was a buddy/cop/action film.
If you liked "showtime" you'd probably be alright with this.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Scares Little Kids

Just watched CURTAINS and MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE. It was supposed to be a quadruple feature but I slept through THE RUINS and ROCK N ROLL NIGHTMARE, which, I believe, was the first DV movie.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes" (1970)

Phantom's Review:
One of the best Holmes movies. Humor, mystery, action and romance. A classic
Ditto.:)

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973)

"Sally...we want you, sally. We want you.":D

Oh, it was really fun to be scared by those cute little creatures. Glad at last watched this beautiful gem of 70's.

>>: A-

El espejo aka The Mirror (2008)

A Spanish made for TV Horror film with a very average plot & ending.

>>: C

Repo Men (2010)

>>: B