Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Horror Fan For Life

Room 237 from The Shining

Thought I'd share this, I saw this movie due for release on dvd on Sept. 24th, looks interesting- its a documentary on the famous room at the Overlook Hotel and the whole movie revolves around people trying to decipher hidden clues or messages Stanley Kubrick put inside "The Shining" its got my interest for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDVm...e_gdata_player

Last edited by Mr.Barlow; 08-27-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 AM
HDC's old chick

I have it in the queue! Can't wait to see it!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Horror Fan

As one interested in the esoteric secrets and hidden meanings of horror films, this looks pretty special. Fun fact: "Elm Street" is not spoken once in "A Nightmare on Elm Street."

Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I have it in the queue! Can't wait to see it!
Which queue? The youtube is just a trailer for the doc. Is it at netflix? Or is it at youtube but you have to subscribe to watch on youtube?

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-28-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:45 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Which queue? The youtube is just a trailer for the doc. Is it at netflix? Or is it at youtube but you have to subscribe to watch on youtube?
It's coming to Netflix on Sept. 24th
Old 08-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Horror Fan For Life

I found and watched it here, and it played without joining the site-enjoy! :) (There's a lot of "reaching" going on in this documentary- but that's just my opinion) it was ok, glad I did'nt pay to see it.

http://viooz.co/movies/16059-room-237-2012.html

Found this more interesting on Youtube, pretty cool-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcGO...e_gdata_player

Don't forget "Shining" fans- Sept. 24th is also Stephen Kings new release of the sequel to The Shining- Doctor Sleep-

http://www.stephenking.com/library/n...tor_sleep.html

Last edited by Mr.Barlow; 08-29-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:17 PM
ventricle

Thanks for the info, Hammerfan, I'm going to queue it too. (I wish we'd 'Americanize' 'queue' to 'que'.)

Mr.Barlow -- thanks for the info and youtube link!

Just presenting my own opinion here - viooz.co is illegal (broadcasting copyrighted material without permission nor paying for it, and not for news purposes). But I think the best reason to not watch copyrighted films on these sites (sites that don't pay for the film -- the hint is sites not charging for rental, subscription & real advertising) is because the artists (& supporters) don't get to paid for making the film. If we want to support film or horror film, we need to pay for it.

Also, these type of sites are notorious for trying to hit you with malware. People unfamiliar with avoiding malware should be duly warned.

On very rare occasion, there is no other way to see a film. In these cases, I don't personally have a problem with it, but I still recommend caution in those cases.

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-29-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Horror Fan For Life

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Just presenting my own opinion here - viooz.co is illegal (broadcasting copyrighted material without permission nor paying for it, and not for news purposes). But I think the best reason to not watch copyrighted films on these sites (sites that don't pay for the film -- the hint is charging for rental, subscription & real advertising) is because the artists (& supporters) don't get to paid for making the film. If we want to support film or horror film, we need to pay for it.

Also, these type of sites are notorious for trying to hit you with malware. People unfamiliar with avoiding malware should be duly warned.
Gotcha, no harm intended. :o