Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Banned

Console AND pc players - You MUST read this!

OK, just HAD to make a thread to mention this game.
"Psychonauts".
This game is by the same dude that made the awesome, hilarious "adventure" titles FULL THROTTLE and GRIM FANDANGO.
I didn't know this, but it shows in the playing.
It's a 3d platform/action/rpg game that is on the pc, xbox, AND PS2. It looks cartoony as all hell - in fact due to this, I had previously avoided playing any demos, or looking up any additional info on this game - recently I bought a pc gaming magazine that had a demo on it, so I thought "ah, what the hell" and installed it.

This game is going to fucking ROCK.

If there is ONE demo you look at, make it this one.

The demo starts with the intro and the first "level" of the game, set in a "psychic soldier of the future" training camp. There's a bunch of kids there (weird...not human kinda kids...) learning about their abilities. For the first test, you have to go through a scenario set INSIDE your instructors mind.
All I can say is that this game is one CRAZY trip - Everything is so well done, and feels completely "unreal".
So, these psychics are being trained to go inside their enemies heads...and that's what you do throughout the game, I guess...
Words cannot describe how insane they've made this game look - think Evil Twin/Alice/Floigan Brothers, all mixed into one, you've just GOTTA see it. It's fun to play, with a VERY easy control system, and some very interesting ivvovative combat.
Again, words don't really do it justice.
The storyline thus far is pretty good, the dialogue is excellent, and it's very funny. For adults and kids alike, I think everyone is gonna dig this game

Here's some more info, and some screenshots.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/589/589894p1.html

I put a link to the playable demo, among MANY other demos, screenshots and upcoming games info in my OTHER thread here:
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...849#post290849
You should all go have a look, there's some good stuff there.
But once more, you MUST download this demo if you can.
- B
Old 06-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Evil Dead

I got hooked on the demo too! I bought the actual game a couple of weeks ago. It really DOES rock...lots of fun to play...I'm stuck at a certain part in the game right now that I can't get by...but I don't wanna spoil anything, so I won't say where ;)
Old 06-23-2005, 01:23 AM
The Dork Knight

I played it at a friend's house and thought it was ok but I only played it for like 5 minutes so it might be great or it might suck. I do know that for the time I played it I enjoyed it.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
I played part of it on one of those Curcuit City trial PS2s. I didnt like it too much.

Click for B-Movie reviews!