Old 04-12-2020, 07:10 PM
Little Boo

I just watched The Omen 1 and 2 recently

Man what good films I've missed out on. The first one is easily a classic. It has some chilling scenes like when the nanny commits suicide out of nowhere and some of the deaths were grisly and memorable. You also can't forget about the music. It's probably my favorite part of the movie. It's very haunting and is one of my favorite horror themes. As for the sequel, people give it flack but I thought it was good. It felt like a natural continuation of the story. It was interesting seeing Damien fully realize who he is and become straight-up evil. They also outdid themselves with the kills. There are more of them and a lot of them are memorable and quite shocking for their time. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the films. They are creepy and have their highlights. I'm looking forward to the other movies despite not hearing much good things about them.

What do you all think about the Omen movies?
Favorite horror movies: Friday the 13th series, A Nightmare on Elm Street 1 & 3, Child's Play series, The Mist, Jaws, Halloween series, Tremors, The Omen, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original, Remake, Beginning)
Old 04-13-2020, 05:31 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I am huge fan of the the 3rd one - probably alot of nostalgia involved as I saw it in the cinema when it came out...but lots of good moments: the press conference suicide, the death in the tv studio and Sam Neiil talking to the statue...

Great stuff..

Last edited by Ferox13; 04-16-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:59 AM
Evil Dead

I need to rewatch The Omen and then watch the sequels too. I vaguely remember one really chilling scene where a photograph taken of a character foreshadowed their death. Completely agree about the soundtrack as well, one of the most iconic ever.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Scares Little Kids

Omen 1 is an excellent film, very chilling. The child smiling right at the end even though he's been told not to by the director works really well.