Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Backyard Waterfall

Midnight Pictures Ltd.

Now I haven't seen all their flicks, but I have seen "Zombie Genocide" and I thought it was like a nice cold sandwich. This is an Irish no-budget zombie flick, and very entertaining.

http://www.midnightpictures.co.uk

For the longest time I had forgotten who these guys were, and they sent me an email yesterday with their address, so naturally I leapt to the keyboard to post it. Good stuff!
Old 04-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Can you dig it ?

So did someone die and leave you as Head of the Spamming Department or did you just step up and take it upon yourself ?
CK
Old 04-10-2005, 06:00 AM
Backyard Waterfall

Uh, Midnight Pictures happens to make indie films--the one I saw was a decent cheeseburger, in my opinion--and I listed them.

Your definition of the dreaded S-word seems to be all-encompassing.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Backyard Waterfall

Oh yeah, I thought I would mention, in case anyone was wondering, that no, I have nothing to do with these people or "Zombie Genocide." But I liked that film. It was fun.

For a while, they had these honking big files posted on the net so you could download a low-res version for free. For FREE! They don't do that anymore; you have to buy the DVD now. I thought that, for a no-budget, done-in-your-backyard flick, "Zombie Genocide" was just fine, even somewhat scary. Come on, these are George Romero fans IN IRELAND making zombie movies. I haven't seen their other films, but this one was good.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
So did someone die and leave you as Head of the Spamming Department or did you just step up and take it upon yourself ?
CK
did someone die and leave you the head of the retard department? ok, that was bad, but this isnt spamming.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Backyard Waterfall

Nah, everything's cool, he just thought I worked on it or something. And you gotta admit, a lot of people come in here and say, "Oooooh there's a cool new horror film, I saw it and it kicks ass, here, click on this link," and it turns out they're some site-whoring wannabe director/producer/whatever. I've clicked on a couple of those links and discovered some real sausage turd "movies." There's a lot of lame product because now any geek with a camera thinks he's a direc-torr.

These Midnight guys are a little bit different. The zombie film they made is certainly cheap. They didn't have much more than some friends, some time, some equipment and some very simple effects, but the love for the genre is there. With no real money to speak of, they made something that I thought was pretty okay.

Films exist to make money, so I don't fault anyone for trying to make a buck off their film, but I do believe that for something to be the least bit entertaining, it's gotta have the love. If the love isn't there, then how can it scare?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

Gotta love these Midnight guys!

wink wink !

; )