Old 04-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Upcoming Alien Creature Film

Now, there's an Upcoming Alien Creature Film that I worked on last year. It's a low-budget flick, and like many of its type, has run into all kinds of delays. It will probably be a little while before anyone sees it, so I thought I would post a pic or two of the digital effects I did. This series of frames is from a scene in which the evil creature sucks the life essences, or whatever, out of a character, and we see the victim's face rapidly withering and dessicating. After this transformation, he drops to the floor all shrivelled up. It's kinda nasty!

Last edited by filmmaker2; 04-10-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Can you dig it ?

Notice how I change anything that he spams into the word "spam""
Now, there's an Spamming Spam Film that I worked on last year. It's a low-budget spam, and like many of its type, has run into all kinds of delays. It will probably be a little while before anyone sees it, so I thought I would spam a spam or two of the spam I did. This series of spams is from a scene in which the spam sucks the spam, or whatever, out of a character, and we see the spam rapidly withering and dessicating. After this transformation, spam drops to the floor all shrivelled up. It's kinda nasty!
Dude ! Take it from someone who works on films all the time here. No one wants to hear about it in pre-production. If your film kicks ass, it will be brought to people's attention. This is not Fangoria or some other board where filmakers join together to share their woes and triumphs. This is a fan board. To think you have fans for a film you're still making is presumtious. Prove me wrong. Good luck to you on it. Bye.
CK
Old 04-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Backyard Waterfall

That's a lot of serious emoting you're doing there, chief. You getting enough at home there, chief?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Can you dig it ?

Never enough, but I digress. :D
CK
Old 04-10-2005, 10:02 AM
BMXICAN

Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
That's a lot of serious emoting you're doing there, chief. You getting enough at home there, chief?
Filmmaker2 you have to excuse MisterSadistro he's an

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 04-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
and he's a bitch...........
filmaker2 is not anything of a noob. he's got way morwe posts that you do bud.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 04-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I appreciate the support, folks, I do. But back to the topic, seriously, this project will be a little while before it hits the stores. I'm very impatient, and I want people to see some of these effects!

I'll refrain from posting the title. They should call it KILLER ALIEN MOVIE. Because that's basically what it is.

While the live portions of the effects shots were being photographed here in my apartment by my friend and myself, the mailman knocked and delivered some DVDs sent as a neat present by this cute girl I know that lives really far away. She had sent: "MONSTERS, INC.," "GHOST SHIP," and "BELOW." (I hadn't seen any of these at that point.) So we put those in, and turned up the sound while we worked. Timing couldn't have been better! Finishing the work that day was enlivened considerably...

Anyway, here's another picture, and this is an image of the monster's fingernails growing before she stabs someone with them. The long fingernails were physical, real appliances, and the growing effect was digital. The fingernail appliances were actually VERY dangerously sharp, so if they look nasty, that's because they are!

Last edited by filmmaker2; 04-13-2005 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:21 PM
BMXICAN

Nice pics man, I'm anxious to see your movie when it comes out.:)

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 04-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Can you dig it ?

PM if there's anything I can help you with (seriously). I am, however, anti-spam around here in any life, shape, or form. Read past posts and you'll never find a better source here to help other people out when it comes to getting your film made.
And mothman can kiss me where the sun don't shine. I have had more posts under all my incarnations here on horror than he'll likely ever have :D
CK
Old 04-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Evil Dead

BUt CK, you're like McCarthy with the Spam. How can he be spamming when he doesn't even give the title of the film? I couldn't find it if I wanted to, so there is no advertising there.

Is he showing off? Sure. But what F/X artists doesn't? That's their job. Making things that make people go 0oooo and aaaaah and ooohhhh. If noone sees it, noone Oooo's and aaaah's and ohhh's and the work is incomplete.

Slick the way you turned an anti-spam post into a job application BTW. ;)