Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-27-2019, 06:47 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
but the two guys that played music that got killed,
Who, the guys that were on stage for the pre-movie thing at the trade fair?
I don't think they got killed.
There was a bearded guy there on the pikes, but I took that to be the "leader" of the highwaymen they made a transport/protection deal with - because in the flashback you see them rushing in and fighting with the fallen.

Gotta say I'm glad this was one of the times that followed the map, but not exactly.

So, what do we think happened with the baby the old chick was looking after?
Old 03-27-2019, 07:26 PM
Banned

Yeah, you're right. Most of the men that were up there were The Highwaymen. It's a shame because I thought they were pretty cool and I was hoping they would have done something more with them. And I didn't necessarily mean I wanted the two musicians to die, I just felt like they didn't take the zombie apocalypse serious enough to be hardcore survivalists like the others who have been around for a while.

Speaking of the leader of The Highwaymen though, did anyone else notice for a brief moment it seems that he turned Tara straight? She gave him the fuck me eyes when he saved her life.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1553808503683.jpg (17.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-01-2019, 08:41 AM
Banned

Season finale was meh. I think last week's episode would have made a much better finale. I did miss the radio thing at the end though, what was that? Was it Rick?

Also, despite what she's doing, I think Lydia is still working with her mother. Everything she is doing to look like she wants to kill herself is when she knows people are watching. Last night when Carol swung at the Walker behind her, Lydia didn't know the Walker was behind her but she ducked anyway. I think she's just a hell of an actress. I mean as nuts as her mother is, she would have killed her right then and there at the fair if she wanted to. I mean Lydia has been to all three of the main communities now and knows the whole layout of everything. Also, if she really wanted to get bit by that Walker last night she would have. Mark my words, it's an act.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Banned

Okay I went back and listen to it again. That is definitely not Rick, it's a female voice. On The Walking Dead Facebook page I'm hearing about a new group that supposed to come about soon called The Commonwealth which is apparently a community in Ohio with over 50,000 people in it. Something tells me Rick is there and will return if not next season than season 11.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:34 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I'm hearing about a new group that supposed to come about soon called The Commonwealth which is apparently a community in Ohio with over 50,000 people in it. Something tells me Rick is there and will return if not next season than season 11.
I don't think the Commonwealth will be for a while, just based on the comics.
I couldn't tell what was being said...I assumed it was Maggie?

Yeah the finale was...uneventful...
Old 04-01-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

It was depressing as fuck! But like I said though, and I really, really hope I'm wrong about this, for Carol's sake, but I honestly think Lydia is playing them. And as far as I'm concerned, Ezekiel can go to hell. Why is the fuck would he say that to Daryl? He knows it wasn't his fault about what happened. He knows how much Daryl means to Carol. Was he referring to him and Lidia or just him? I take it as Daryl is taking her on is his responsibility now. Somehow I wonder if they are going to hook up. How fucking sad would it be if the first time Daryl fell in love with someone she double-crossed him? That would be brutal.

All I could make out was hello at the very beginning and is anybody out there at the end. Everything else was way too scrambled and I don't think it was meant to be known what was said. It was a woman's voice though and unless it's a new character, my guess is it is either Maggie or Jadis. Despite not being able to make out the words, the tone in the voice reminds me more of Jadis then Maggie. But now that I know about the Commonwealth and so many people are talking about them, I wonder if that is where Jadis took Rick to. I know it will still be a while before everything is finished with the whispers, And I hope it ends like it does in the comics, but I wouldn't expect that to be over with until at least the end of next season, around this time next year, or perhaps even beyond that, but Rick will be coming back soon I'm sure. Besides, I heard that Melissa McBride just signed a seven-year contract supposedly. The queen isn't going anywhere just yet. It is kind of hard to believe that the shows going to be around at least that much longer.

Wouldn't it be some shit if it turned out Rick and Jadis hooked up? That would be a pretty awkward reunion...

Last edited by Morningriser; 04-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:03 PM
ventricle

Not a good episode. Especially for a finale.

Rather slow and boring, and so many plot holes and head scratchers.

Negan and Lilith -
WTF happened to Negan's leg? Looked like the wind blew hard and what??? blew a saw blade off the ground that cut open his leg? Yeah, happens to me all the time.

I get they wanted the scene where Michonne goes to Negan where he's alone on a bed injured being sewn up by the doctor... instead of re-chained somewhere in a group. But why not just have Negan get cut by some razor wire cause of low visibility in the blowing snow?

I don't think Negan would be the only person to go after Lilith. And it was all inside Alexandria's walls... they were just going from one house to another... ooh, scary!

And they had just shown Rosita insisted Negan stay chained... why didn't the episode show when and why they took off his chains? Could have been much needed funny compelling scene. Cause he didn't have them on going after Lilith. What am I missing?

Did Negan really have to lay both his coats on Lilith? Isn't that letting the sap boil over a little too much?

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-02-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:07 PM
ventricle

Different subject. Um... why exactly is the Kingdom being abandoned in the middle of winter during a harsh winter storm?

Very cold weather may be unusual for Virginia, but the Kingdom has been through many winters. We heard they were low in supplies, part of the reason for the Fair, but from experience they'd know before winter if they have enough...

If it's food, why leave to the Hilltop in winter? They can't help plant crops in the winter. It's just a matter of food transport. They never said Hilltop was building housing for them in the fall... so they wouldn't have the space to house them.

What'd the episode say? They left because the water pipes broke down and there was rot? What rot? That insidious 'spontaneous winter rot'? They may have been pumping water, somehow, from a stream, but the water is still there. People melt ice to drink. Piping and rot is not a reason to leave in the middle of winter. Move in the spring.

Maybe they expect the cold to leave Virginia quickly, where they can build housing and clear more area for spring planting... but they don't say as much. What did I miss?

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-02-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Not a good episode. Especially for a finale.
Negan and Lilith -
WTF happened to Negan's leg? Looked like the wind blew hard and what??? blew a saw blade off the ground that cut open his leg? Yeah, happens to me all the time.
He tripped over something because the snow was falling so thick, he couldn't see and he fell and hurt his leg that way.

Quote:
I get they wanted the scene where Michonne goes to Negan where he's alone on a bed injured being sewn up by the doctor... instead of re-chained somewhere in a group. But why not just have Negan get cut by some razor wire cause of low visibility in the blowing snow?
Negan had the chance to Kill Them All, but he didn't. He saved Judith's life, and the fact that the two of them had a bond with each other scared me Shone to death, so the relief in knowing that he saved her daughter, earned him a lot of brownie points with her, and as far as why he wasn't chained up, they are giving him the benefit of the doubt and seeing if they can actually trust him.

Quote:
I don't think Negan would be the only person to go after Lilith. And Lilith would have traveled with Michonne.
Michonne knew that Judith would be safer at Alexandria, rather than traveling through that weather with the whisperers about and the fact that she is a small child and unable to handle that weather compared to an adult. As far as why only Negan went, I don't know, I missed that part.

[Quote,]And they had just shown Rosita insisted Negan stay chained... why didn't the episode show when and why they took off his chains? Could have been much needed funny compelling scene. Cause he didn't have them on going after Lilith. What am I missing? [/quote]

Negan asked if his chains could be removed after having some laughs with Gabriel and Rosita. Rosita actually encouraged Gabriel to remove his chains, rather than wanting him to keep them on. They both realized he wasn't going to hurt them and wanted to give him a chance.

Quote:
And little spitfire Lilith can't walk anymore because why, fatigue? And did Negan really have to lay both his coats on Lilith? Isn't that letting the sap boil over a little too much?
Negan cares about Judith. Judith ran off because Dog got spooked and ran away. Judith being Judith, went after him. They are in Virginia right next to DC, not in Georgia. Every so often there is a freak blizzard that comes through Virginia, even that far east. Judith is a little girl also, small children get a lot colder a lot faster than adults do and she was probably so cold she couldn't move, which is why Negan put both of his coats on her, to keep her warm and from going into hypothermia before he could get her to safety.

Negan is not a bad guy. If the show followed him and the savior's from the beginning, we would have cheered him on as he killed Glenn and Abraham, especially considering that the group struck the savior's first by killing them in their sleep. What was Negan supposed to do? What would Rick's group have done if the savior's came out of nowhere and killed a bunch of their people in their sleep?

Over all this time Negan and Judith have built quite a strong bond with each other. He cares a lot about her because he respects the hell out of her father and brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Different subject. Um... why exactly is the Kingdom being abandoned in the middle of winter during a harsh winter storm?
A number of reasons, bad memories for Ezekiel and Carol, fear that The Whispers will strike again, and the kingdom isn't equipped to accommodate that many people in those conditions. Its nose almost every winter in Virginia and gets cold, but a blizzard like that only happens once every 15 years or so. I don't think they anticipated on a blizzard like that.

Quote:
What'd the episode say? They left because the water pipes broke down and there was rot? What rot? That insidious 'spontaneous winter rot'? They may have been pumping water, somehow, from a stream, but the water is still there. People melt ice to drink. Piping and rot is not a reason to leave in the middle of winter. Move in the spring.
The only mention of the water pipes or rot I ever saw was when Henry left Lydia. The noise made him think that the pipes busted, which they might very well have, thanks to The Whispers I'm sure. As far as rot goes, Henry mint that if water starts leaking that it will rot or mildew anything around the pipes that is perishable.

Quote:
Maybe they expect the cold to leave Georgia quickly, where they can build housing and clear more area for spring planting... but they don't say as much. What did I miss?
The longest blizzards like that last in that area are only a few days or so, but it can take at least a month or two for all of the snow to melt. Back in 2012 when I was living in Central Virginia, we had a blizzard like that and ended up with four feet of snow. Where I lived was only about two and a half hours from Alexandria. Winters are unpredictable in Virginia, so I think they were anticipating on having an average winter, but everything got out of control and they are just trying to take the best action they can given the elements and the threat of another Whisperer attack.