Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-24-2021, 04:42 PM
Hellraiser

Scifi/Fantasy (with some overlap to horror):

2010: Monsters
2012: Thale
2013: Resolution
2016: Cloverfield Lane
2017: Life
2018: The Endless
2018: Annihalation
2019: Starfish
2019: Aniara
2020: Sputnik
2021: Green Knight

Thriller/Dramatic Action/Suspense (with some overlap with horror):
2010: Frozen
2011: I saw the Devil
2013: The Purge (and subsequent movies and tv shows that follow to less effect)
2014: The Shallows
2014: Back Country
2014: Black Coal Thin Ice (asian film)
2016: Train to Busan
2016: Nerve
2017: 47 Meters Down
2018: The domestics
2018: Assassination Nation
2019: Crawl
2019: Ready or Not
2020: 47 meters down uncaged

Overall, genres have become intertwined over the years to varying degrees. That's why I take a lot of horror and put them under different categories.

My IMDB Lists:
Asian Horror Have or Wish To Have: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls553296292/

Last edited by Adam1983; 10-24-2021 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:49 AM
Undead

I can’t believe this post is still at the top. I made this thread 2 years ago lol

I’ve watched several of the movies in here (I’d have to go back and look to get specific)

I’d say the only movies/shows I’ve found that I really liked have been The haunting of hill house(Netflix), Modnight Mass, Doctor Sleep, and Geralds Game. Apparently I’m a Mike Flanagan fan. Midnight Mass is probably the best show I’ve ever seen (to me)

I also loved The Outsider, True Detective, and Sharp Objects
Old 11-20-2021, 07:59 PM
Hellraiser

I can delete my posts if you'd like. It's still at the top because these forums are dead. The internet sank late 00's...

My IMDB Lists:
Old 11-22-2021, 03:14 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1983 View Post
I can delete my posts if you'd like. It's still at the top because these forums are dead. The internet sank late 00's...
Yeah it definitely seems to have died. I guess reddit is the go-to now.

I was around in the 2001-2003 time periods under another name but I have no clue what that name was. It was definitely more active then.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:30 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Yeah it definitely seems to have died. I guess reddit is the go-to now.

I was around in the 2001-2003 time periods under another name but I have no clue what that name was. It was definitely more active then.
The viewing stats seen here have to be off...

I was in High School/Early College around that timeframe. I wish I could go back in time. The way people interacted and used the internet back then definitely differs now. Facebook Groups people post on a lot too but threads aren't the same over there as need to constantly scroll to see things and usually just people playing with collage apps.

I think I might have dropped by in the '00's but never really posted for one reason or another. Those were the days had to really scrounge the used bargain bins to find a VHS of a rare movie. Streaming was unheard of online and click bait media articles more minimal as the net was subsidiary as should be in society... Youtube was blurry as heck and people just messing about not trying to be a celebrity getting views and $$$ but just having fun.

My IMDB Lists:
Old 11-23-2021, 10:29 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB View Post
I can’t believe this post is still at the top. I made this thread 2 years ago lol

I’ve watched several of the movies in here (I’d have to go back and look to get specific)

I’d say the only movies/shows I’ve found that I really liked have been The haunting of hill house(Netflix), Modnight Mass, Doctor Sleep, and Geralds Game. Apparently I’m a Mike Flanagan fan. Midnight Mass is probably the best show I’ve ever seen (to me)

I also loved The Outsider, True Detective, and Sharp Objects
Geralds Game was kinda fun. A little odd, especially the end. I havent seen Hill House, Modnight Mass or Doctor Sleep yet.

Whatd you think of Ouija: Origin of Evil? thats Flanagan. I liked it a lot, except the ending.

Whatd ya think of Vacancy and Dead Silence?

Old 11-24-2021, 01:48 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1983 View Post
The viewing stats seen here have to be off...

I was in High School/Early College around that timeframe. I wish I could go back in time. The way people interacted and used the internet back then definitely differs now. Facebook Groups people post on a lot too but threads aren't the same over there as need to constantly scroll to see things and usually just people playing with collage apps.

I think I might have dropped by in the '00's but never really posted for one reason or another. Those were the days had to really scrounge the used bargain bins to find a VHS of a rare movie. Streaming was unheard of online and click bait media articles more minimal as the net was subsidiary as should be in society... Youtube was blurry as heck and people just messing about not trying to be a celebrity getting views and $$$ but just having fun.
When I was here back in the day I don’t think youtube was a thing. I’d never heard of it until like ‘06-08 I think. And I really don’t like reddit, don’t use fb.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:52 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Geralds Game was kinda fun. A little odd, especially the end. I havent seen Hill House, Modnight Mass or Doctor Sleep yet.

Whatd you think of Ouija: Origin of Evil? thats Flanagan. I liked it a lot, except the ending.

Whatd ya think of Vacancy and Dead Silence?
I didn’t realize the Ouija movie was Flanagan. I think I’ll watch that soon.

I haven’t watched either Vacancy or Dead silence. I did watch Hereditary and middommar. Hereditary was very solid except a couple parts I found a little corny but hey it’s horror. Midsommar I didn’t really care for.

I watched about 75% of It Follows. It wasn’t terrible but I just wasn’t engaged, just didn’t care. With all that said I’m less of a movie guy than most on a place like this. These day I don’t have patience for something I’m not really liking.

Last edited by GMB; 11-24-2021 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:57 PM
Undead

I’ll have to run through the thread and make a list of what I’ve seen. I’m about to put something on here in a minute. I’ve got a list I’ve been working on finishing and that Ouija movie was in it already.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:40 PM
Undead

::edited to add a couple::

I just finished Ouija:origin. The first 3/4 was mostly good. I thought the black demon/creature that appeared in the mirror looked silly, like a cartoon in a movie. Same with some of the features on the girls face towards the end. I can forgive a little corny cgi if the story makes up for it but I don’t feel it did. Prime example for me is The Haunting of Hill House, the story is so good I didn’t care, but I also think it was much better in hill house. I’d say Ouija for me was 5/10, not terrible, but nothing new or cool about it to me. It was decent all the way up to the last 20-30 minutes then it was straight downhill. Also I’m pretty sure they used the same music in Ouija and Hill House.

Here are the movies I’ve watched in the last year or 2...the numbers I’m throwing out are more so how much I enjoyed them rather than the quality of the movie or the story.

The ritual 4/10 I thought the monster was silly

It follows 4/10 just didn’t care

Ready or not 4/10 don’t really remember anything except that I turned it off

Absentia 4/10 super budget. I knew that going in. Could’ve been way better but I’m not into monster bugs

Don’t breathe 4/10 don’t remember much about it. Just remember not caring

Halloween kills 4/10 letdown “evil dies tonight”

Midsommar 5/10 had high expectation. Wasn’t bad, actually a well made movie I just didn’t like the main character. Plus it just reminded me of wicker man

Bone tomahawk 5/10 decent movie but nothing stuck with me. Was one of the first I watched out of these

The babysitter 5/10 was a fun movie, no regrets

Sinister 5/10 maybe 6/10. Not bad, but didn’t enjoy it as much as some.

The autopsy of Jane doe 5/10 I think this had potential to be better but it was at least average and maybe a little better than average.

Clover field lane 6/10 was interested the entire movie. I almost want to rate this higher but it’s been awhile. Need to rewatch

Geralds Game 6/10 I really like this movie and would rate it higher if it wasn’t for the ending.

Fear street 1994 6/10 just a fun movie for me

Fear street 197x 6/10 fun

The wolf of snow hollow 6/10 fun. Funny at times

Doctor sleep 7/10 low expectations going into this. Was really good

30 days of night 8/10 loved this. Can’t believe I just watched this a few days ago. I like the movies with the small town setting

Hereditary 8/10 I thought I was going to hate this. There was a scene towards the end that was almost comical but overall really surprised by it. The scene in the car with the sister left my jaw hanging.

And as far shows:

Sharp objects 8/10

The outsider 8/10

True detective 9/10 has horror elements towards the end. Loved it, especially the first half

The haunting of hill house 9/10

Midnight Mass 10/10 Stuck with me for a couple weeks. Yes it had long monologues but it was so good. I went into this completely blind. I hadn’t even watched the trailer so I had no clue where it was headed. I’m not sure I’ll ever find a show that hooked me like this

Last edited by GMB; 11-25-2021 at 07:40 AM.