Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2004, 10:49 AM
Hellraiser

Edward Lee

I'm starting to become addicted to the extreme horror stuff but you almost have to win the lottery just to get your hands on the stuff. I've read maybe about 6 or 7 Jack Ketchum novels and novellas, but I'm interested in Edward Lee. He has a new one out called Teratologist that was cowritten with a dude named "Wrath," lol. Anyone got any strong recommendations along these lines? I'm getting ready to order Teratologist and The Bighead but what I really want is Succubi. Also if anyone has a copy of Richard Lqaymon's Savage or The Cellar please lemme know maybe we can work out a deal.

thanks
Old 02-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Evil Dead

Lee

Also check out Lee's HEADER. That one's probably my favorite, as far as his early small-press stuff . . . .

Crap -- I used to have a SAVAGE hardcover. Not sure if I still do. I'll look around over the next few days, though, and if I can find it, it's yours, myster6 (just don't get your hopes up).

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 02-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Hellraiser

yeah please check and see. That book is highly recommended, and very hard to find, but I'm sure we can agree on a price. I'll just wait to see if you can find it first.

thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Dead as a Dodo

What's 'Goon' like?
Old 02-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Evil Dead

Sorry, myster6 -- I don't have it. Would have loved to pass it on to you if I did, but apparently I traded it or sold it at some point. :(

GOON is a helluva read. Horror meets wrestling -- crazy, crazy stuff.

I just got INFERNAL ANGEL in the mail too, looking forward to reading that . . . .

J.N.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Hellraiser

that's alright, atleast you looked for it. I'm getting ready to start Teratologist today. It looks very interesting.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:58 AM
Evil Dead

Lee

Lemme know what you think of TERATOLOGIST. I've heard that one called "the most repulsive work of fiction ever published."

Looking forward to checking it out eventually, when I can get around to ordering it. :)

James N.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Hellraiser

well I'm halfway through Teratologist and for now lemme just say that Edward Lee is going straight to the bottom of hell. This is the first novella that I've read by him and it's way more extreme than his Infernal series, and the Grub Girl comics that he did in collaboration with Glenn Danzig. Some of the characters that he describes in this novella are like cenobites from Hell Raiser, but this time Clive Barker was on ecstacy when he created them.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Hellraiser

I don't think Ive had the pleasure of reading his most extreme. Ive read City Infernal and The Chosen which I liked a lot, also read some of his The Usher stories which were okay, if not better then okay. I like the first one about the guy who's going to commit suicide and then he meets the mysterious woman... although it's very depressing. I like it probably because it's very depressing.

I have heard the sequel to City Infernal--Infernal Angel isn't as good. That would be a shame. Is it true?
Old 03-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Evil Dead

Lee

I had heard the same thing, but I just finished INFERNAL ANGEL a days ago. I dug it a lot. I thought it was just as good as CITY INFERNAL, no better or worse . . . .

J.N.