Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2003, 06:55 AM
Scares Little Kids

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutty ****
i think r niece is too young i think u shuld wait until shes 3 and a half

or she can watch matrix reloaded instead
thats mean reloaded was gud!! but the first one was better

and the ring does suck
Old 12-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Living Dead

Just a few words:

Check out the original (far superior). The hollywood remake was ****.

The orginal: a challenge:

watch it on your own, late at night, with the lights turned out and come back here and tell me it wasn't good.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to freddy13
Thumbs down dumb

this fuckin movie was really dumb.i hate this movie.it made no sense .what was it about
Old 12-03-2003, 05:47 AM
Hellraiser

Thumbs up The Ring Story

This is especially for downside, but also for those who apparently didn't understand the story of "The Ring".

First of all, it makes no sense to be too disappointed if a horror movie doesn't work for you; people are different, and the path, if you will, to the part of each person that generates fear is different and all movies aren't going to get there. Maybe this was the case with you and the Ring. You have to pay attention to THE STORY in order to get this, and not just sit there hoping something scares you.

Here's the story in a nutshell.
Samara was the result of some subhuman fertility deal and as a result she had the ability to transmit her thoughts and some images into the minds of others as well as onto certain types of media, like photographic film and , yes, videotape. Her father didn't want her, and (I'm just guessing here) that conflict drove her mother crazy. When mommy went to the nuthouse, daddy stashed her in the horsebarn, alone. At some point her mother came back, killed Samara, then killed herself. In a combination of anger and malice, Samara, who apparently had some part of her mind or whatever survive after her body died, decided to put her story onto videotape, presumably because she wanted others to know what happened to her. Some evil part of her would come and "get" anyone who didn't make and distribute a copy of the tape so others would not only witness her story but have to make more copies or die.

Personally, I found it to be one of the creepiest movies I have ever seen. If you didn't , it's because the story just didn't reach you, not because it was a bad movie. None of the "nutcase-in-a-mask-with-a-knife-chasing-stupid-teenagers" movies are scary to me, but that doesn't mean some of them weren't good stories...they just weren't horror to me. To each his own.

Last edited by Lycanthe; 12-03-2003 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:58 AM
the Anti-crist

i agree with what Lycanthe said about each person that generates fear is different and for the movie to scar you you have to think more about what is going to happen next plot wise then whats going to happen next scary wise and the movie will be much better that way for two ressons 1 this movie to me is more of a mystre type then horror &2 movies are too predicable now a days so you wont know what is going to happen next unless you focuse on some thing eles or all movies are going to seem like this one
:D
Old 12-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Scares Little Kids

i thougt the ring was a good movie. i liked both of the versions japanese and english but the best i think was the english version because i liked how the faces looked when someone died especially the first girl that died. the japanese version didnt really have a very scary effect because well the effects on their faces just looked a bit crap.

ps this is my first post:D
Old 12-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Scares Little Kids

Well, I liked "The Ring", too. I've seen both versions, the japanese one and the remake and I would prefer the remake. It looks much darker than the japanese version... the sky is always dark :-) so the atmosphere is more depressing...
And I must admit, the movie scared me more than all the other movies I watched in the last time. Of course, not everyone will be scared by it because everyone fears other things... but for me, it was scary as hell :-)
Old 12-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Evil Dead

Location: Anchorage, AK (that's Alaska, NOT Arkansas, damn it!)
YES! There are other people in the world who thought this movie royally sucked ass! I almost liked it - but the end ruined the whole thing. The movie was doing OK until the part of the end where it stops and restarts. You know where it seems like the movie's over, fade to black, but then the fucker just doesn't want to die and starts right back up. That pissed me off so bad I have now boycotted the movie.

I was really disappointed w/House of 1,000 Corpses, too - not because it was a bad movie though, but because it wasn't what I expected. I went to see it with the expectation of pissing my pants, instead I almost fell asleep. Granted, it was weird and had some psychotic stuff going on, but it was far from scary.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

I liked The Ring and Loved Ringu..then again Im a huge fan of Horror movies from Abroad....The english version had awesome sound effect as posted previously..But I have to stay comminted to Ringu..after all I had seen it first and it had lead me to watch the Ring..
Old 12-11-2003, 05:13 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
You know what is wrong with movies now days? WAY TOO MUCH HYPE!!! I agree all I heard was how scary this movie was BORING I found that Shatners performance in the second airplane flick more frightening. I rarely go to the theater now because of this. Just saw TCM at the theater dont get me wrong it was very good but I expected more. When I was told that House of 1000 corpses was having trouble being released because it was to terrifying i thought Great cant wait to see it. I loved the movie but I thought the terrifying parts were missing. I guess that I have become desensitzed to horror. But I think the hype ruins it for everyone. Matrix reloaded I saw, wasnt impressed. Remember when Titanic came out all the hype surrounding that, I thought after seeing it that it was the biggest piece of crap film I had ever seen. Just my 2 cents.
The movie that I think was COMEPLETELY OVER HYPED was that crappy little movie THE HULK...It was lame,it was boring & it just plain SUCKED!:mad: