Old 02-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Evil Dead

"The Dark Tower" : The TV series?

King and Abrams in Talks for Dark Tower
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
February 14, 2007

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed an earlier IGN story that said Stephen King and J.J. Abrams are in talks to bring King's "Dark Tower" book series to the screen.

They are not sure, however, if the project will be a feature film or a TV series. Abrams' Bad Robot production company has a first-look deal at Paramount for film projects and a deal with Warner Bros. Television for TV projects. The project is not yet set up at either company.

The trade adds that King's tale -- which sprawls across seven books as it blends the fantasy, sci-fi, horror and Western genres -- might seem better suited for a multiple-episode television treatment. On the other hand, its potential cost might call for a large-scale cinematic treatment.

It is also unclear whether Abrams would take on the project solely as a producer or whether he would
Old 02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

I love the Books so this sounds great.I'd prefer feature length films though.I wonder who would make a good Roland?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Zydrate Anatomy

Last I heard when the seventh book came out that King would never allow a mini-series or movie to be made just because of the length and content of the series.

I sure hope I'm wrong because I'm a big fan of the series (though I think the last book sucked). I'd love to see some sort of adaptation on the screen.

I think Clint Eastwood would have made a good Roland--twenty years ago. Is there any Clint Eastwood-ish actors out there now?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Evil Dead

Eastwood was the only actor I pictured when I read the books, but of course he's too old now. I honestly can't think of anybody nowadays who might be right for the part
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Evil Dead

Dunno 'bout a series...but Marvel has just released the first issue of a comic series based on the books...supposedly king is a consultant on it too.
Great first issue.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
The horror of the minds

Thumbs up

I willl see the series/movies if they come out
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:33 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Dunno 'bout a series...but Marvel has just released the first issue of a comic series based on the books...supposedly king is a consultant on it too.
Great first issue.
yeah i saw it in travelling man.....havent picked any up yet tho...cause i hadnt heard anything about it...i think ill be poping by tomoro now:D

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"