Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I didn't realize till after I'd watched all the episodes available that it was the two creators playing most of the main characters. They're that good!

And I knew I recognized the lady with the baby, but I didn't realize it was Dawn French! Even better!
I've never seen The League of Gentleman, but I've heard it's good.

I can't believe how good the show is - Really delightfully twisted. I'm bummed that I've gone through all 6 episodes that they have On Demand - I'll have to see if FEARnet is showing anymore during the week.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Midnight toker

I should probably make sure you both know I wasnt refering to the 1960s film, even though it is a great movie.... The League of Gentleman was a TV series that ran from 1999-2002 over here and starred the two main guys from Psychoville. If you got what I was talking about first time round then just ignore me. :o

Oh and just to confuse things a little more... The League of Gentlemen released a film just before starting work on Psychoville which is also worth checking out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435687/
Old 10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
I should probably make sure you both know I wasnt refering to the 1960s film, even though it is a great movie.... The League of Gentleman was a TV series that ran from 1999-2002 over here and starred the two main guys from Psychoville. If you got what I was talking about first time round then just ignore me. :o

Oh and just to confuse things a little more... The League of Gentlemen released a film just before starting work on Psychoville which is also worth checking out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435687/
I was referring to the show too - Haven't seen the 1960s movie. :D

Hey - Is Psychoville big over yonder?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Hey - Is Psychoville big over yonder?
I'd say its about as big as something so off the wall could be. The second series finished earlier this year and I dont think it has had as much mainstream success or interest as The League of Gentlemen had but it definatley has a strong cult following. I'm a big fan of both though, too dark and too surreal not to love. :cool:
Old 10-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Cranky

They have a little "behind the scenes" interview with them on Fearnet- really just a sound bite at under 2 minutes, and they claim they didn't do any parodies, but hell if that's not a parody of Rope in one episode, and The Omen in another.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
HDC Idol

So I'm kinda bummed - The FEARnet "On Demand" only has the first 6 episodes, though when I look at the FEARnet website, they're showing the others every Tuesday night...

That's all well and good if I actually GOT FEARnet, but my FEARnet channel only redirects me to the On Demand menu.

:(

Boo. I want to see the rest of them.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Cranky

I wasn't aware that Fearnet was anything BUT an On Demand service.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Cranky

There's a new episode available On Demand, but it's the first episode of the 2nd series. I guess we don't get the last 3 episodes of the first series.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:33 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
There's a new episode available On Demand, but it's the first episode of the 2nd series. I guess we don't get the last 3 episodes of the first series.
I knooooooooooooooooooooooow - I refuse to watch it. I think that I'm going to see if we can see the others on Hulu.

And, yes, apparently FEARnet is an actual channel - I visited their website and they have a schedule and everything.

Update: Damn. Looks like Hulu only has clips and not whole episodes. :(

Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Midnight toker

Not sure exactly what you guys have seen or havent, but there's a one hour halloween special that went out between the first and second series. It's up on youtube, all the parts seem to be there and the quality seems decent. The same person seems to have uploaded alot of the episodes from both series as well, but i havent gone through 'em to check if everything is there and as it should be.

They had all the episodes on the bbc website too, but they've all been pulled. There's still a ton of cool videos and teasers/ trailers but no actual episodes.