Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Banned

I can't help it. Its so fucking dumb. Lets start a thread strictly for discussing The Gate.Its not just a movie, its a phenomenon. Seriously, no mentioning of Troll or Troll 2, strictly The Gate. Lets do this.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I wasn't sure which thread you were referring to. There was more than one brought up.

I'm just tired of complaints about how 'dead' things are; this is nothing but destructive. I think Sistinas made it very clear that this is an attempt to liven things up (I'm sure he doesn't really feel that way about you), and like I said, it's better than just griping without making any attempt to rectify the situation.

If you have any tips on some possible hot topics of conversation (you know I have no problem with controversy:rolleyes:) I would love to hear it. I get concerned about voicing unpopular opinions on certain films not because I'm afraid of debates, but because people take it WAY too seriously and get really upset and start hurling personal insults. I recently had a wonderful CIVIL debate with Despare and Bwind on the subject of guns, a very controversial topic, and we managed to discuss the matter without calling each other 'morons', 'd*****bags', or refuse to speak to each other again.

I would LOVE to discuss certain films that I felt were overrated and/or pretentious and give people who seriously think certain highly regarded
films are total crap (they're not all trolls) a chance to argue their case without being subjected to a flurry of name-calling or being told they're just an ignoramus not worthy of anyone's time.
Nothing huh? I guess Newb was right after all.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Evil Dead

Is it too late to apologise for bringing up the OMC Dave incident?:D
On the subject of facefriend and all those other social networking sites, aren't you put off by how immediate it is and how easy it is for people you don't want to know anymore trying to find out if they're doing better than you in life?
If I wanted to be in touch with those nerds, wouldn't i have stayed in touch? I much prefer a forum. You can drop in and touch base with people you've never met, barely know and don't have much in common with (other than a love of horror)?

Now, I propose a group hug!

Can I get a 'hell yeah'?
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss tony View Post
Is it too late to apologise for bringing up the OMC Dave incident?:D
On the subject of facefriend and all those other social networking sites, aren't you put off by how immediate it is and how easy it is for people you don't want to know anymore trying to find out if they're doing better than you in life?
If I wanted to be in touch with those nerds, wouldn't i have stayed in touch? I much prefer a forum. You can drop in and touch base with people you've never met, barely know and don't have much in common with (other than a love of horror)?

Now, I propose a group hug!

Can I get a 'hell yeah'?
Hell yeah!:D
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Whip In My Valise

So, for future reference: it's perfectly okay to call someone a c** guzzling jerkoff who sucks donkey d**k, as long as that person isn't a mod, then you will be banned. The horrific abuse I've seen dished out to new members and even to people who've been here awhile that has gone unchecked (and sometimes actively encouraged) by the people in charge, leaves me once again scratching my head over the banning of Sistinas. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.