Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Evil Dead

Russ, gotta disagree with ya there. I thought they did excellent jobs. Ah well, each to their own :p
Old 07-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Russ, gotta disagree with ya there. I thought they did excellent jobs. Ah well, each to their own :p
You're exactly right, Noah. Somepeople don't get that and try to argue. Oh well. So what is your top horror films?

Mine are Halloween, Army of Darkness although I see it more as a comedy, and The Descent it's my favorite from the past couple of years.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Evil Dead

Cool, I walked outta the Descent. I'm not sure what it was about it, just the pacing was too slow or something.... I didn't give 2 shits about any of the characters, but the gore (what little I did see) wasn't enough to keep me interested either. One of those films you either love or hate, I think.

My favourites would be the Evil Dead Series, High Tension, Child's Play Series, Halloween Series (all except 3), Hellraiser Series, NOES Series, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Romero's Zombie Films and other movies like Exorcist, The Shining, etc.

And then I like the Psychological flicks like The Machinist, One Hour Photo, Hard Candy, and Sci-Fi flicks like Alien/Predator/AVP Series', and the movie Sunshine was fuckin' brilliant!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

Whats this?....a nOOb that's not annoying. :eek:
Welcome aboard Noah.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Evil Dead

Hah, thanks Illdojo.... I'm new here, but not new to posting on message boards. I actually know how to spell, and can type complete sentences. :p

I do enjoy using a goodly amount o' profanity though at times (when I'm passionate about something). ;)
Old 07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
I do enjoy using a goodly amount o' profanity though at times (when I'm passionate about something). ;)
Fuckin' A...nothing wrong with that. A word of advice though, change your avatar, it will get you more street cred around here...that and it's kick ass. :D
Old 07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Evil Dead

Edited: Fixed. :p

Last edited by Noah; 07-11-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
And then I like the Psychological flicks like The Machinist, One Hour Photo, Hard Candy, and Sci-Fi flicks like Alien/Predator/AVP Series', and the movie Sunshine was fuckin' brilliant!
I thought The Machinist was great. Alot of people I know haven't seen it much less heard of it, which is a shame. Christian Bale was great in it and also American Psycho, but that is understood, right? I haven't seen Sunshine, I thought it looked a little corney. Tell me what you liked about it so I can reconsider whether to watch it.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Evil Dead

Yes, The Machinist was awesome. Bale's one of my favourite actors out there, he's fuckin' fantastic. :)

American Psycho's a given too.... Good times!

As for Sunshine, it has Cillian Murphy (He was the main character in 28 Days Later, he also was in Red Eye and the Scarecrow in Batman Begins) who's also one of my favourites. It's directed by one of my favourite director's in Danny Boyle (28 Days Later, Trainspotting) and it's about a crew on a spaceship in the future, with a bomb on-board with a mission to fly the bomb into the sun and reignite it, before it dies completely and everyone on Earth perishes.

But there's a problem, because they run into the original ship that was sent to the same mission, and they have to decide between exploring it (to see what happened to the crew, and why the mission failed) or continuing on with their mission to reignite the sun (but time is against them) with the possibility of not making it back home themselves.

That's just an overview... The acting is great, the story, and atmosphere is fucking AWESOME (very Alien/Cameron like in some scenes). The special effects are fucking sweet, plus there's an underlying, almost spiritual theme to it (which I might be reading more into it) but each person takes different things from different movies. Quite possibly my favourite Science Fiction Flick EVER, and that INCLUDES the Alien Series, Predator, Terminator, etc.

Definitely check it out at least once. :)
Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Definitely check it out at least once. :)
Thanks for the synopsis, I'll add it to my list of movies to watch.