Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
Personally, '1000 Corpses' was boring to me. All the jump cuts and digital effects are so overused at this point I find it nauseating. If I wanted that garbage in my horror I'd get McG to direct. It was mildly humorous in spots, and not at all disturbing. The story is a mish mash of 70's horror movies, which is fine, as long as you tell the story in your own way. Which he doesn't. And somebody brings up Tarantino....boy, is that funny. There's one major difference...Tarantinos movies are BETTER than any movie he emulates. He makes great characters and writes some of the best dialogue in all of Hollywood. What does Zombie's movie improve upon? Nothing...it's frankly inferior to a lot of the films he 'borrows' from.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to Revolver Send a message via Yahoo to Revolver
well, we'll just have to see if Rob can improve his next film, btw not everyone has a flawless track record...I found a good portion of Reservoir Dogs to be boring, but if I judged all of Tarantino's movies on that one film, I probably wouldn't have seen any of the others, which I liked.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Revolver
well, we'll just have to see if Rob can improve his next film, btw not everyone has a flawless track record...I found a good portion of Reservoir Dogs to be boring, but if I judged all of Tarantino's movies on that one film, I probably wouldn't have seen any of the others, which I liked.
Res Dogs was the 1st Tarantino film i saw and i saw the rest of his movies based on that one.

I think Pulp Fiction is the weakest .. Kill Bill is the real Pulp Fiction.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:17 AM
Montage_Man

Revolver what part of Reservoir Dogs did you find boring? pls
Old 12-06-2004, 06:27 AM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Tarrentino’s movies are most certainly NOT better than the majority of movies he “borrows” from! Although I do like his movies and think his use of other movies can be fun! I to find “Reservoir dogs" pretty boring and overrated, plus at that time he had not really admitted to his “Borrowing ways” and so that movie is almost completely stolen!

On to Rob Zombie! I think “HOTC” was a good debut, not the best, but I fun homage to 70’s and early 80’s style horror, his new film “Devils Rejects”, looks to be shaping up into a very good sequel! Basically if you want to see his influences just start renting 70’s and 80’s horror, a good place to start is with TCSM (original), The Hill have eye’s and a good dose of Italian stuff!

Lady Snowblood

Shogun Assasin

Shinjuku Triad Society

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum

Last edited by feral cat; 12-06-2004 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Banned

Like Feral said .. a good first outing.
I thought it was a bit flawed .. but no more than a lot of other works by more seasoned directors.

It managed to capture the insanity of TCM that the remake couldnt. It was definately a labour of love ... that much was obvious.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
Quote:
Tarrentino’s movies are most certainly NOT better than the majority of movies he “borrows” from! Although I do like his movies and think his use of other movies can be fun! I to find “Reservoir dogs" pretty boring and overrated, plus at that time he had not really admitted to his “Borrowing ways” and so that movie is almost completely stolen!
I suppose you think 'City On Fire' is what Tarrantino ripped off? Maybe you should watch it , as it's royal shit. And they have very few things in common. By the way, Tarantino wrote True Romance in '85 before he was into Hong Kong movies. That is his first script. And there is a mexican standoff in that movie. You should listen to the commentary track on Romance for where he really got his ideas from.

HOTC was not at all disturbing. The family in TCM was far more sinister. This family just comes of as a more annoying version. I am not writing Zombie off as a writer/Director because of it. But I'd be interested to see what he would do with somebody elses story, as a director. I just don't think his strength is writing/storytelling.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Fool's follow

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOmen
I suppose you think 'City On Fire' is what Tarrantino ripped off? Maybe you should watch it , as it's royal shit. And they have very few things in common. By the way, Tarantino wrote True Romance in '85 before he was into Hong Kong movies. That is his first script. And there is a mexican standoff in that movie. You should listen to the commentary track on Romance for where he really got his ideas from.

... your assuming far too much ... Tarrantino takes his "influence" from alot of movies, thats why I did'nt mention one in particular!

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 12-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Banned

But what other film has Tarantino stolen from for Reservoir Dogs as well as City on Fire?

And is this film better than Reservoir Dogs?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Fool's follow

There are certainly more influences than just "City on fire", but that was the main one! It also pulls from Django as well as a host of heist movies!

I was not talking about just reservoir I was talking about him in general! I even said I like his movies! I just certainly wouldn’t say his movies are better than all the influences!

I.e. Lady Snowblood, Lone wolf and cub, Rainy Dog, the killer, One armed Swordsman, Shinjuku Triad Society … etc, etc, etc ….

And yes I personally do like City on fire more …

In fact I even like Score more, which itself took from Reservoir dogs!!!

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum

Last edited by feral cat; 12-06-2004 at 10:48 AM.