Old 07-19-2020, 11:27 AM
Evil Dead

Cool Ghost House

This is an Italian horror film from 1989, directed by the now late Umberto Lenzi, under a different name. It is not nearly as scary or gory as his classics "Eyeball" and "Eaten Alive," but it is overall well done. An abandoned house believed to be haunted by the ghost of a little girl who died in that house gets investigated by a radio DJ and his friends after his station receives weird messages traced back to that house. They encounter a crazy hitch hiker along the way who likes to pull pranks and complain about how everything sucks. They also encounter a drunk bum who tells them they need to go if they don't want to get killed. It gets more interesting as it goes along when the drunk bum gets crazier and actually does start killing, but there is also a ghost haunting the place, wanting vengeance about something at the same time. The action, blood, gore, props, and make up are overall well done. The drama and dialogue are also well done to develop the characters, plot, and story overall well, too. Those who like the cult classics from Umberto Lenzi, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, and Mario Bava should find this one worth a look.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:51 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

fulci

City of The Living Dead
Old 10-18-2020, 12:45 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

Revisited one of my faves, Dario Argento's Opera.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:26 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Phenomena by dario argento.......scissors in the hand, i love that creepy demon faced child with the insect lookin' mouth....love the insects too...

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 10-26-2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:39 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
Phenomena by dario argento.......scissors in the hand, i love that creepy demon faced child with the insect lookin' mouth....love the insects too...
Old 10-27-2020, 10:10 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

A Lizard In A Womans Skin, fulci's first

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 10-30-2020 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:12 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage, argento's first
Old 10-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Scares Little Kids

Demons (1985) makes no sense whatsoever but I must watch it at least twice a year since the mid 90s. I enjoy any film featuring random helicopters falling through roofs and motorcycle / samurai sword attack combinations.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Evil Dead

Cool

I just saw Mario Bava's "Black Sunday," which has nothing to do with the American movie from the 1970s about terrorists wanting to bomb the Super Bowl, but is about a witch and her husband who were tried and murdered for their satanic deeds back in the 1600s, then accidentally resurrected when a professor accidentally cracks open her glass tomb. Her spirit then has her husband rise from the grave to get into the castle of the descendants who tired and murdered them to not only get revenge, but also for the witch to be reborn through their youngest daughter. Just like most of Mario Bava's horror films, this one is an eye opener and very intense from beginning to end. This is also a black and white classic horror film from 1960, starring Barbara Steele. Those who like Mario Bava and/or Barbara Steele should definitely give this one a look.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:56 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I just recently caught a few more Italian giallo horror films on Tubi TV! Umberto Lenzi's "A Quiet Place To Kill," Mario Bava's "Baron Blood," and another one called "The Black Belly Of The Tarantula" may not be the best of the sub-genre, but they are all still overall good, unique, original, and interesting films with a lot of great action, suspense, and thrills, along with good twists and turns! There is even a good amount of humorous dialogue in each of those films as well! Those who like the Italian giallo horror films should enjoy those as well!