Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Look behind you

I enjoyed most of his short stories such as "Four Past Midnight" and "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". The most recent I read was "The Cell" and I really liked it, but I like zombie movies. My favorite is hard between the two and that is the Dark Tower series and "Black House" which King and Peter Straub wrote together.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 AM
For Vendetta

I m surprised that no one has mentioned Bag of Bones. The blandness of the author's life after her wife is horribly killed right at the beginning, then having new people come into it, with a strong evil around...I just loved the premise, and the story.

Bag of Bones is the only King novel I read twice. Dreamcatcher was another good one. Although The Dead Zone is by far his best work, IMO.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:41 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
I loved IT because I'm not a clown person so it got me scared and on edge. Funny thing is, I was reading it one night and the phone rang. Made me jump but I answered it and I hear "Hello this is Pennywise." so I hung up! Turns out it was a lady named Penny Wise, who works with my Mom.

I am also enjoying Four Past Midnight.
i couldnt pick just one, but It always got to me cause im so scared of clowns.....and id be reading and u get really relaxed and then u hear a noise and u jump outa ur skin.....its pathetic i know....its not like that with a film....but with a book u get lost in it

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
rebelesque

The Mist, The Long walk, Dreamcatcher, Hearts in Antlantis and room 1408, from Everything's Eventual. I am glad that the Mist and room 1408 are being made into films. I watched a trailer recently of room 1408 and it looked as good as the story. Some of King's books translate well into film, but some are terrible.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:32 AM
Hellraiser

The first Stephen King book I ever read was Salem’s Lot and I think for that reason it will always be one of my favourites. After reading Salem’s Lot I went on a huge buying spree of all his books I could find, and read most of his stuff over the following years. I'm not such a Stephen King fan anymore though, I think his work is the kind of horror that you grow out of. There is nothing of his that has made an impact on me in a long time, so maybe he has lost his touch or maybe I’ve just grown up. I still love the books that made an impact on me at the time of reading them, although I doubt very much that if I was to read them now at this age, for the first time, that they would make such an impression on me.
The next one to really captivate me was IT, I don’t know now exactly what hooked me so much but I couldn’t put this one down. (The film was utter shite!!!) Next to get me was The Stand, fantastic book! Nothing else pops to mind at the moment but I’m sure there are a few others that I enjoyed over the years. Saying that too, there was a good few I remember struggling to get through because they were incredibly spiritless! But once I start a book I have to finish it! Some of his short stories are class too, my favourites being Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil, The Body and there is one that I can’t think of the name of, I think it was in The Skeleton Crew collection, it’s the diary entries of a doctor who’s ship gets sunk, and he ends up alone on a desert island trying to survive. Also loved The Talisman which King wrote with Peter Straub. The Green Mile was a class story too, really moving!

"Woe to him that with the clergy of the churches battle joins."
Old 06-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Funny how?

Send a message via MSN to The Harlequin
Has to be IT. So dark and twisted. Long haul, but worth the ride.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I like my eyes deep fried

I highly enjoy Stephne King, but I also thing he is extremely typecasted as a horror writer and will forever be. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, but if you really get into what he is talking about with his books, it tends to be more psychological then anything.

But my favorite Stephen King book, that is a hard one......the choosing of the book i mean...sick bastards :eek: ......I would have to go with Needful Things. I loved all the characters and the continuation of Sheriff Panghorn charater(who was in The Dark Half) and Ace Merril (who was in kings short story The Body, a.k.a. Stand By Me)
Old 06-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Xarixian

I like the one with the planes in four past midnight. I can't remember what it was called, but there was a blind girl in it. o_0 I'm not sure it was horror but I remember it having quite an effect on me.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Xarixian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Harlequin View Post
Has to be IT. So dark and twisted. Long haul, but worth the ride.
Oh yes, IT was very good ^_^
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Xarixian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarixian View Post
I like the one with the planes in four past midnight. I can't remember what it was called, but there was a blind girl in it. o_0 I'm not sure it was horror but I remember it having quite an effect on me.
the Langoliers.