Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Little Boo

Horrorcore, room for more?

Hello, I was recently approached by a horrorcore group who just finished recording and mastering their very first album. They wanted me to give it a listen and see if I could put together a Marketing and Promotions plan for it.

My question is: Is there room for more horrorcore? I mean when Esham came onto the scene with his Acid Rap and Insane Clown Posse converted from gangster rap group Inner Circle Posse to the horrorcore genre it was nice and fresh and new and shocking. The fans are getting older. Is the market there for a new group.

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Little Boo

Lets try this. What is the newest horrorcore rapper/group that you started listening to? When did they release their first project?
Old 11-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Horror Fan

Lightbulb

IMO there is even more demand for horrorcore today. Form the group and advertise around college campuses (maybe not BYU). Do stunts on stage like GWAR used to do.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:52 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
IMO there is even more demand for horrorcore today. Form the group and advertise around college campuses (maybe not BYU). Do stunts on stage like GWAR used to do.
Thank you for your reply. It is truly respected. I just want to help this group in the best way possible. Too many think that they are to above others to ask questions. I am man just like everyone else and I can always gain knowledge daily. Once again thank you sincerely.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Little Boo

Question

Now a question about physical sales. If an artist/group asked their fans to truly go out and purchase or order a "physical" copy of the album instead of getting it from iTunes even though it was available on iTunes, would you as music buyers get a physical copy?
Old 06-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMWest View Post
Now a question about physical sales. If an artist/group asked their fans to truly go out and purchase or order a "physical" copy of the album instead of getting it from iTunes even though it was available on iTunes, would you as music buyers get a physical copy?
I would, but that's also a lack of an iPod or other musical device like that. Then again, I'm also rather materialistic and like having a hard copy, so to speak. If I like the band enough, I'm either buying a CD or purchasing from iTunes and burning one.

I might be the only one, though. Would there be enough people doing it to make it worth it, though?

Tags
esham, horrorcore, icp, tech n9ne