Old 07-14-2017, 07:19 AM
Evil Dead

THE BLACK CAT (1934). Wife and I usually take one big vacation every year and she usually flips through the cable channels bemoaning the sorry state of things. was appalled when catching JAWS/THE TEMINATOR and having editingplus commercials ruining the experience. Find AMC all but unwatchable these days.
Went to Maine last month and while flipping around came to TCM and seeing Bela Lugosi on a train and knew it would be both Bela and Boris. While there is a lot of stagnancy and occasional incomprehension here, the two give it a great deal of weight. Boris is quite creepy as the decadent traitorous Satanist ("Cum Grano Salis!") and Bela is so moving through most of it, although quite scary when he opens up a big case of payback towards the end. If you look closely, you can see John Carradine playing the organ. ***
Old 07-14-2017, 11:21 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE BLACK CAT (1934). Wife and I usually take one big vacation every year and she usually flips through the cable channels bemoaning the sorry state of things. was appalled when catching JAWS/THE TEMINATOR and having editingplus commercials ruining the experience. Find AMC all but unwatchable these days.
Went to Maine last month and while flipping around came to TCM and seeing Bela Lugosi on a train and knew it would be both Bela and Boris. While there is a lot of stagnancy and occasional incomprehension here, the two give it a great deal of weight. Boris is quite creepy as the decadent traitorous Satanist ("Cum Grano Salis!") and Bela is so moving through most of it, although quite scary when he opens up a big case of payback towards the end. If you look closely, you can see John Carradine playing the organ. ***
Very cool film. I've never seen a film quite like it.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:48 PM
病気の

Night of the Living Dead, 1968. 10/10

Rest in Peace Sir.. : (
Old 07-18-2017, 07:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Night of the Living Dead, 1968. 10/10

Rest in Peace Sir.. : (
I'll also second this...my favorite film and one of my top directors.
Thanks for all the movies, George and RIP.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:23 AM
Evil Dead

BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935). Still one of the best films ever, in any genre. Scary, moving and extremely funny throughout, especially with Ernest Thesiger providing the chuckles. *****
Old 07-19-2017, 10:30 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Alligator People
Man Made Monster
Son of Dracula
The Wolfman

Had a Lon-a-thon on the 44th anniversary of his passing.
I only ever got in The Devil's Messenger. 8(

Which was very good! Never accept anything from Lon Chaney.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:59 AM
Horror > Everything

The Haunting

Robert Wise deserves a special place in the haunted house hall of fame for his work on this gem. The atmosphere he manages to create is unparalleled in the genre. Part horror, part whimsy, part history and mostly creepy! Together with the wonderful performances and Shirley Jackson's amazing source material, Wise created what may be the perfect celluloid ghost story.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:01 PM
ventricle

Quote:
The Haunting

Robert Wise deserves a special place in the haunted house hall of fame for his work on this gem. The atmosphere he manages to create is unparalleled in the genre. Part horror, part whimsy, part history and mostly creepy! Together with the wonderful performances and Shirley Jackson's amazing source material, Wise created what may be the perfect celluloid ghost story.
Yes! Not to mention one of the best horror film sound tracks all-time, speaking particularly of the sound effects.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
The Haunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yes! Not to mention one of the best horror film sound tracks all-time, speaking particularly of the sound effects.
So true. I love the sound design in general and the score is, well...Haunting. The opening piece in particular is just beautiful
Old 07-24-2017, 06:31 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Phantom Planet

Who's idea was it to give Magmar a movie??

It was a good watch actually, so give that person a cookie.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!