Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 08-27-2010, 04:46 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoody View Post
looking for 2 films!
both about haunted houses.
one has a boy who drowns and his father commits suicide, 20 years later new family move in and ghost tries to take the families child for his own, basement fills with water at the end!!! cant remeber much more.

the other film is couple move in to house with mother in law and she ends up with her mouth stitched up by people in the attic and they hang her in the fire place where she burns when the fire is lit.

i think both films are around the 80's
Dark Water.japanese and us remake, except its a girl..is this a possible??
Old 08-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saribird View Post
Dark Water.japanese and us remake, except its a girl..is this a possible??
nope not this one!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
nope definitely not...twas made much earlier...bigger group of kids, in a cabin....and people were murdered, ..bodies found etc.....please help///
could it be crystal lake????????
Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
could it be crystal lake????????
Is that Friday the 13th?? I'm sure its not F13 one or two...but never got past those two...I'll check out the synopses on wiki or some such....who's seen them all...come on, help out this poor old girl..its keeping me awake hahaha
Old 08-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
The second film is Don't be Afraid of the Dark, I believe. Only movie I know of with fireplace creatures.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Little Boo

My daughter's friend actually found the first movie, it's called the Uninvited and was a TV film from '96 starring Beau Bridges.

A little more info on the second movie, which is not Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (but thank you):
there's a witch living next door with only one eye and she carries a cat around who is blind/also has one eye. The mother in law is possibly the wife's mother and the attic creatures stitch her mouth then hang her in the chimney flue (?), then cause the house to become ice-cold so the couple will light the fire. They can smell her burning but don't know what it is until her wedding band falls off and rolls out of the fireplace. I always thought it was called People in the Attic but there's no such film, and it's not called the Attic, either.
Hope this little extra info helps as I've been looking for an awfully long time :)
Old 08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Is that Friday the 13th?? I'm sure its not F13 one or two...but never got past those two...I'll check out the synopses on wiki or some such....who's seen them all...come on, help out this poor old girl..its keeping me awake hahaha
its not called friday the 13th, but along the same lines and takes place at the same lake!!! i have never seen it but my son watched it a few years ago and said it was not a friday the 13th film.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:48 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
the other film is couple move in to house with mother in law and she ends up with her mouth stitched up by people in the attic and they hang her in the fire place where she burns when the fire is lit.
Quote:
there's a witch living next door with only one eye and she carries a cat around who is blind/also has one eye. The mother in law is possibly the wife's mother and the attic creatures stitch her mouth then hang her in the chimney flue (?), then cause the house to become ice-cold so the couple will light the fire. They can smell her burning but don't know what it is until her wedding band falls off and rolls out of the fireplace. I always thought it was called People in the Attic but there's no such film, and it's not called the Attic, either.
Hope this little extra info helps as I've been looking for an awfully long time :)
Witchery aka Witchcraft (1988).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096453/usercomments

Saw it a long time ago on VHS and remember it being particularly cheesy and atmospheric.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
its not called friday the 13th, but along the same lines and takes place at the same lake!!! i have never seen it but my son watched it a few years ago and said it was not a friday the 13th film.
Thanks I will check that out...and post back! Ta

Birdie x x
Old 08-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Little Red

I saw this when I was about 6 or 7 and have been trying to hunt it down for years. What I remember is there being a costume party at some old house and when when one of the girls at the party goes into the basement she becomes possessed and starts to kill people. I think she goes into the basement to check a fuse. Once she is possessed she starts foaming at the mouth and crawls on the ceilings. The only other thing I remember is that there is an over-weight guy at the party dressed up as a bumblebee. Hope you can help!

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods