Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
The first one is Poltergeist 2. The second one might be The Gate.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Little Boo

The search goes on...

Yes! The first one is Poltergeist 2.

But alas, no, the other scene isn't from The Gate!

Just watched Poltergeist 2. Not as good as the first one, but definitely memorable. That minister was the creepiest character I've seen in anything in a long time. And the whole sequence after Craig T. Nelson swallows the possessed worm and gives birth to the creature through his mouth! Ingeniously grotesques imagery!

I just watched The Gate as well, and it's an odd little movie. A revealing sample of 80s horror. Super Freudian. One of just a handful of horror movies that I can think of that has a kid protagonist. Thanks for directing me to it, but I still have to figure out the source of that one scene! I'm thinking it's from a horror movie from the '90s;something lesser known, maybe a sequel.

And there's ANOTHER scene, or rather image, from a movie that's been in my head for the longest time. Actually, it's so misty and far off in my memory that I can't remember if it's from a movie I saw, a TV show, or a dream I had. It's another movie with a kid protagonist, and it involves the ability to enter into paintings, or maybe one particular painting. There's the risk of getting lost in the paintings somehow. I remember you could tell that one character had gone into a painting because footsteps appeared in the landscape.

Help me out, fellas.:confused:
Old 11-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax8713 View Post
Another scene that's haunted me, I believe from a different movie: A boy has to stay awake and guard his closet or a creature will come out and kill someone (his parents?). He's sitting there with a baseball bat, staring at the closet door. He nods off for a second and the creature appears: it's like a large, terrifying looking man with exposed flesh. The boy begs it not to hurt anyone but it says that it must.
It sounds like something that could have happened in an episode of "Goosebumps" or a similar show.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:29 AM
HDC's old chick

The last one sounds like it could possibly be Waxwork
Old 11-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
Could #2 be "Cameron's Closet" or "They"?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:45 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmax8713 View Post

And there's ANOTHER scene, or rather image, from a movie that's been in my head for the longest time. Actually, it's so misty and far off in my memory that I can't remember if it's from a movie I saw, a TV show, or a dream I had. It's another movie with a kid protagonist, and it involves the ability to enter into paintings, or maybe one particular painting. There's the risk of getting lost in the paintings somehow. I remember you could tell that one character had gone into a painting because footsteps appeared in the landscape.
Makes me think of maybe the Night Gallery TV movie...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Little Boo

Need help

I wonder if someone can help me. I saw a horror movie in the 70's with a father, mother, son and grandmother taking possession of this old home - not sure how it was left to them, and during their time there they were scared witless through spirits in the house, eventually leading to the death of the grandmother. They then wanted to leave and the house wouldn't let them, and the father and son tried to get away in their station wagon and were stopped before the gates of the house. Somehow, if memory serves me, they became a part of the household ghosts.

Anybody remember the name of this movie. please respond here or to my email
[email protected]
Old 11-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Horror Fan

Film is Amityville Horror.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Scares Little Kids

I think it's Burnt Offerings, not sure. Check out the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7l5dUZEbug
Old 11-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Little Boo

Still looking...

Thanks for your replies, but the search goes on.

#2 (closet monster) was too disturbing to have been an episode of Goosebumps. It was definitely a movie: that much I remember. I watched the trailer for Cameron's Closet (couldn't find the entire film streaming online) and I'm pretty sure it's not the right movie. The kid in the movie I remember was older, and the film's image quality was higher. It wouldn't be They; it would be a pre-2000 movie. I'm leaning toward 90s.

#3 (boy goes into painting) isn't Waxwork. I just watched it. (Tangent: Wow, so many 80s movies have characters who are horrible people! The rich brat protagonist here [seems like he's supposed to be a teenager, but he's played by the main actor from Gremlins, clearly in his mid-to-late 20s] tries to gets his maid to write his college papers for him, and he's supposed to be the sympathetic hero? All of the characters were obnoxiously sarcastic, contemptuous, letting off nonsensical remarks posing as one-liners...)

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods