Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Now she has us.

excitement and anticipation.

When you was a kid, getting something or knowing you was going to get something new, say a new watch or new things for your computer, would get you all happy and excited and on the day you got the new items, you'd be over the moon and walking round feeling real happy.

now though, I'm older and wiser ;) I start to see buying new stuff a bit of a chore, the excitment has dwindled to... a "ah that'll be a good replacement" or "shall we get this one? no that ones better because it's more economical" etc etc... then on the day you get the new stuff, there's no 'buzz' feeling anymore. It sinks in within a few minutes that you've just got something new and it becomes the 'same old stuff' again, put on the shelf or sitting on the driveway.

I sometimes think that even If I had a brand spanking new Ferrari 575 on the driveway' I'd peep out the window everyso often to check it's not getting wet in the rain, but it just wouldn't have that same affect come over me like a kid does with some new gear.

Mybe my older age just takes away the excitment now.

What do you younger and older guys feel when you know you're gona get something new.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 03-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Fear scented candle

I get tingly and excited. Shit, i get excited if i am going out to buy a beer, let alone somehting that willl last longer. You shgould have seen me the day before halflife 2 was released, i was liek a kid on christmas.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
I get tingly and excited. Shit, i get excited if i am going out to buy a beer, let alone somehting that willl last longer. You shgould have seen me the day before halflife 2 was released, i was liek a kid on christmas.
That game rules.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
but what does this, how does it make you excited... it's just dont get me going anymore.

Now only real life experiences have the 'kid' effect on me now, like knowing I was going to be an Uncle and God Father, to a beautiful niece and seeing her often.

<CENTER>

Old 03-16-2005, 09:29 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
I have resolved myself to always maintain pieces of my youth, so when I'm about to get something...as in I AM about to get something....I get excited...like little kid excited...well maybe that's a little too extreme. However, it does give me a high.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Fear scented candle

I think a big part of it was that i had to work my ass off for everything as a kid, and i always promised myself i would appreciate everything as much as possible when i got older, so now everything is still special to me.

Shit, i still get excited before sex the same way i did in the beginning. i still have that "OMG, i cant believe this is happeneing!" thing.

I get a lot more out of the little things than most people, i think.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Banned

i never get too excited about material stuff ...
maybe a little rush when i fund something i've been hunting for to complete a collection.. like in a thrift store or a garage sale ..
i think its cool, but not exciting ..

I am a little bit reserved . probably a bit guarded from dissapointment.

now that's not to say i dont enjoy whatever it is to the extreme, because i always do .,.,

re the sex thing (vod brought it up)

i get a crazy excited rush when i catch a glimpse of a pretty woman .. that grows proportionately to the lack of clothing she wears :)

That doesnt mean i want to jump her bones but it's still exciting ..

like if a girl bends over in a crazy loose top .. and you do the uncontrollable peek - only to see she's braless ..

that takes my breath away ...
iknow it's childish - i have no control over it.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:15 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
I think a big part of it was that i had to work my ass off for everything as a kid, and i always promised myself i would appreciate everything as much as possible when i got older, so now everything is still special to me.

my parents didn't dish out new stuff willy nilly, we had to wait till birthdays or christmas for new stuff, and then it was normaly one present from the parents, instead of the loads kids get these days. I did get excited, cos I had to wait all year for new stuff, unless it was necessary stuff for school or sports etc.

even today, I still have to save to get stuff.

<CENTER>

Old 03-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i never get too excited about material stuff ...
maybe a little rush when i fund something i've been hunting for to complete a collection.. like in a thrift store or a garage sale ..
i think its cool, but not exciting ..

I am a little bit reserved . probably a bit guarded from dissapointment.

now that's not to say i dont enjoy whatever it is to the extreme, because i always do .,.,

re the sex thing (vod brought it up)

i get a crazy excited rush when i catch a glimpse of a pretty woman .. that grows proportionately to the lack of clothing she wears :)

That doesnt mean i want to jump her bones but it's still exciting ..

like if a girl bends over in a crazy loose top .. and you do the uncontrollable peek - only to see she's braless ..

that takes my breath away ...
iknow it's childish - i have no control over it.
everyone gets excited about the braless bouncing funbags...sometimes I have to force myself to look the other way, before said girl/woman realises I've looked down her top.

<CENTER>

Old 03-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by ShankS
my parents didn't dish out new stuff willy nilly, we had to wait till birthdays or christmas for new stuff, and then it was normaly one present from the parents, instead of the loads kids get these days. I did get excited, cos I had to wait all year for new stuff, unless it was necessary stuff for school or sports etc.

even today, I still have to save to get stuff.
Same here. That is a big part of what pisses me off about my job, i should be making almost twice what i do, then i wouldnt have to worry about a godamn thing.....

If my wife goes running through the house, or hops or bounces in any way, i turn into a retarded 16 year old....