Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Undead

Unhappy I' sad today...

:( Suicide Is Painless

Performed by The Mash

Through early moring fog I see
Vision's of the things to be
The pains that are with held for me
I realise and I can see

*That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please

The game of life is hard to play
Gonna to lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say

(Repeat *)
:( :(
Old 09-29-2003, 03:41 AM
Evil Dead

Listening To:

Great choices, avengersoul. That new Anthrax blows me away -- hands down, the best thing they've even done (counting even THE SOUND OF WHITE NOISE, which was one of my favorite albums of all time till WE'VE COME FOR YOU ALL was released).

Just saw Type O in concert a few weeks back. My first time. Fantastic . . . .

Right now I'm listening to something a little different, though. The new Perfect Circle disc, THE THIRTEENTH STEP. Very cool. After listening to it a few more times, I think I may like it even more than MER DE NOMS . . . .

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 09-29-2003, 07:07 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Thanks, dmihatmttl
I went to get the new Perfect Circle when it came out but every copy in Bestbuy was gone. I heard one song about a "nurse that loved me" that was absolutely crazy and against Maynard's style. I would love to see the acompanying video for that song. As for the new Anthrax album, without a doubt some of their best work. Love those guys. I saw them live a few years back and they're incredible. They really got the crowd into it when clearly a lot of the people didn't know the songs. I would love to see Type O.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:39 AM
Evil Dead

Hi:

Yeah, I'm really loving it so far. But I think I'm gonna hate that song you mentioned -- it's the only one on the album that I can't get into at *all*. The rest of THE THIRTEENTH STEP, though -- *wow*.

Check it out when you get the chance. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts . . . .

I saw Anthrax on the SOUND OF WHITE NOISE tour, and I agree -- they're one of the hardest working live bands out there. Simply phenomenal.

Where you are located, man? Type O just started a new leg of their tour, so you never know . . . .

Take care. Great site, btw!

James N.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I saw Anthrax on their Attack of the Killer A's tour. It's the one where Belladonna was supposed to re-unite with the band but pulled out at the last minute b/c they couldn't pay him enough. As if he has a lot going on right now.

I love A Perfect Circle's last album and anything Tool does. I'm nervous about the new stuff cuz they lost Troy to Queens of the Stone Age and the chick bassist left for Zwan?? What was she thinking? I will still undoubtedly buy it though.

As for my location, Kentucky. Yeah, we don't get a lot of rockin' tours around here. Bogart's in Cincinatti isn't too far away and they usually get good bands. I'll have to check Type O's site and see if they're coming anyway near.

Thanks for the props on the website. I checked yours out earlier, good stuff. Glad to see True Romance on your favorites list. Love that flick. Can't wait for Kill Bill
Old 09-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

Oh, man . . . that would have been a great show, with both Bush and Belladonna. Bummer, man . . . .

Yeah, I just got into Tool a couple years ago. Saw them last fall -- what a great show. They're fantastic writing music, too.

Heehee . . . I felt pretty stupid asking where you were located after I saw KENTUCKY right under your name. I can imagine you don't get many good shows there. But hey -- it could be worse. You could live in North Carolina (most of the concerts I see I actually travel down to SC for, believe it or not)! :\

Thanks for your kind words about my site. Check out 'ROLLERS if you get the chance. I think you'd really like it.

And yes -- KILL BILL should be a real roller-coaster ride!

James N.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Cryptkeeper

Re: Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
Oh, man . . . that would have been a great show, with both Bush and Belladonna. Bummer, man . . . .

Thanks for your kind words about my site. Check out 'ROLLERS if you get the chance. I think you'd really like it.

James N.
Yes, I was pissed. Oh well, I'm a bigger fan of the Bush years even though I got into them from the Belladonna stuff.

I would go to more shows but I don't have the money. I've seen Anthrax, Fu Manchu, A.F.I., Rise Against, Death by Stereo, The Missing 23rd, Godsmack, Staind, Cold, and Systematic. Anthrax was my favorite, A.F.I. puts on a great show (for 5 dollars, sadly they've made it big and I doubt that will ever happen again), and Death by Stereo takes no prisoners. Who have you seen live and who, if any, sucked?

How many books have you written and where can I find them?
Old 09-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Evil Dead

Live Shows, Etc.

Same here . . . I grew up listening to Anthrax when Belladonna was the singer ("I'm the Man!"), but when Bush came along he took the band to a whole new level. The old stuff, even though it will always have a special place in my heart, doesn't even *compare*.

Where to begin. Off the top of my head, here are the bands I've seen live. I know I'll probably forget a few and it'll hit me later and I'll be pissed off: AC/DC (twice), Kiss (twice), Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Fight, Metallica (twice), Corrosion of Conformity, Danzig, Tool, Jackyl (3x), Godsmack, Static-X, Ozzy, Disturbed, P.O.D., Pantera (twice), Skid Row, Stabbing Westward, Type O Negative, Lacuna Coil, Cinderella, L.A. Guns, Ace Frehley (twice), and Quiet Riot.

Thanks for asking about my books. I don't want our esteemed moderators to think I'm just here to spam everybody, though, so if it's okay I'll direct you to the "New Member Board." I talked about the stuff I have available for sale over there (under the "Just Thought I'd Introduce Myself..." thread). Or you can check out my website, and find info on everything I've ever been in there (anthos, etc.).

I hope you understand. Thanks so much for your interest, man! I really appreciate it . . . .

J.N.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Evil Dead

"Death By Hanging" By: Bloodshed
Old 10-06-2003, 06:24 AM
Raven2029

Cool Slipknot!

I'm listening to slipknot leftbehind. in tow min. i'm gonna listen to craddle of filth.:D
Closed Thread