Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Evil Dead

nagging Amityville questions

I have two questions, one about the first Amityville and one about parts 1 and 2. It's been a while since I've seen either, so forgive my lame descriptions.

1. Towards the end of Amityville 1 there is a storm and George Lutz goes out to the boathouse. On his way back he sees something spooky at an upstairs window. What is it?

2. Remember the scene in Amityville 1, where the mom comes in the kid's room and sees the eyes at the window, which sort of zoom up diagonally? Is it my fevered imagination, or in Amityville 2, when DeFeo is out front of the house after having killed his family, the headlights reflecting in the window do the exact same thing? If that was done on purpose, it's a nice touch. Any thoughts?
Old 05-28-2005, 05:02 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
No idea on the 2nd one...but for you're first question....a giant pig.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Hellraiser

Re: nagging Amityville questions

Quote:
Originally posted by mictlan
I have two questions, one about the first Amityville and one about parts 1 and 2. It's been a while since I've seen either, so forgive my lame descriptions.

1. Towards the end of Amityville 1 there is a storm and George Lutz goes out to the boathouse. On his way back he sees something spooky at an upstairs window. What is it?

2. Remember the scene in Amityville 1, where the mom comes in the kid's room and sees the eyes at the window, which sort of zoom up diagonally? Is it my fevered imagination, or in Amityville 2, when DeFeo is out front of the house after having killed his family, the headlights reflecting in the window do the exact same thing? If that was done on purpose, it's a nice touch. Any thoughts?
That would've been a nice homage. Can't say-left after Harry met his demise in the boathouse. Aarrrrgghh (!)
Old 05-28-2005, 05:52 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Re: Re: nagging Amityville questions

Quote:
Originally posted by hebgbzz
That would've been a nice homage. Can't say-left after Harry met his demise in the boathouse. Aarrrrgghh (!)
Go die. Go die right now.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Hellraiser

Re: Re: Re: nagging Amityville questions

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Go die. Go die right now.
Relax, it's not a slur. Hardly worth all that.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Re: Re: Re: Re: nagging Amityville questions

Quote:
Relax, it's not a slur. Hardly worth all that.
Im telling you to leave cause the thread is about the original, not the crapload that is called a remake
Old 05-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Hellraiser

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nagging Amityville questions

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Im telling you to leave cause the thread is about the original, not the crapload that is called a remake
I'll keep with my original advice as I'm sure you will keep to yours. So what?! As far as digressing from original themes, have you read some of these responses? It goes with the territory.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Tenant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nagging Amityville questions

Quote:
I'll keep with my original advice as I'm sure you will keep to yours. So what?! As far as digressing from original themes, have you read some of these responses? It goes with the territory.
Man, I'm sorry, you are really stupid. Why would a move that's still in theaters be under "Classic Movies", and didn't you see the first post in this thread where it specifically says "the 1st Amityville" and then asks about "the 2nd and 3rd"? And have you even seen the original? I hope to God you didn't skip to the movies to see the remake without having seen the original.

Now, with that, I actually did like the remake very much.:D

Thank you...

Oh, and yes it was a pig in the window, and yes that would be pretty cool if the eyes/headlights relation was planned.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Evil Dead

i thought the remake was awsome but then again i havent seen the old one but i will...
Old 05-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by GOODandEVIL666
i thought the remake was awsome but then again i havent seen the old one but i will...
Yes, you must. We'll rent it this weekend.