Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Hellraiser

Silent Hill Release Date!

after pushing the films release back over and again the offical date is set and,by the grace of gad, will not change again. April 21st is the new and (hopefully) final date. for those who don't know (yeah, like anyone here doesn't know) its a film adaptation of the first SH game. its basicly the same story line with the only change being the gender of the adult lead from a man to a woman. the few pic of the set that are out are awesome looking. despite the bright sunshine,it looks exactly like silent hill..i'd be afraid to walk the set at night:p just wanted to share that lil tid bit of news!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to jenni
That's really cool... do you know where I can see pics from the set? I haven't heard that much about the movie yet...

I wonder if they're gonna do the whole series... because if they do I think the fact that a woman is the main character in this one will mess with the plot of number 3. Though, I wouldn't expect a movie to be made from a game without a major plot change because that's how that stuff always goes down...

Last edited by jenni; 10-20-2005 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Your funeral... my trial

You can find lots of stills from the set here, jenni. They seemed to have nailed the atmosphere of Silent Hill, at least as far as the town itself goes. I'm hesitant about this film, though. Silent Hill is one of my favorite game series, and I'd hate to see it get screwed in an adaptation. It would have made more sense for them to make a movie out of part 2, in my opinion. That game works much better as a stand-alone story than any of the others.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Awsome! Can't wait to see this!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Hellraiser

while i agree that SH2 would have made a great film, i'm hoping that they don't screw this up too bad and they make sequels to follow the games storyline. of all the games i have played the SH series is by far the most engrossing. i found myself dissapointed when i had finished the game and i hope the movie sucks me in the same way.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:01 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by goregurl
while i agree that SH2 would have made a great film, i'm hoping that they don't screw this up too bad and they make sequels to follow the games storyline. of all the games i have played the SH series is by far the most engrossing. i found myself dissapointed when i had finished the game and i hope the movie sucks me in the same way.

I found the "fatal frame" games to be much more frightening and creepy all around. It was only the story and atmosphere that worked for me in "Silent hill".

Nevertheless, i can´t wait to see the movie.:cool:
Old 10-22-2005, 05:14 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Quote:
Originally posted by Angra
I found the "fatal frame" games to be much more frightening and creepy all around. It was only the story and atmosphere that worked for me in "Silent hill".

Nevertheless, i can�t wait to see the movie.:cool:
You're right. Fatal Frame was much creepier. I played the first one with absolutely no prior knowledge, and was nearly scared out of my wits. Apparently, a movie adaptation of it has been in the works for a while now, but it's anyone's guess as to when or if it'll come out.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
You're right. Fatal Frame was much creepier. I played the first one with absolutely no prior knowledge, and was nearly scared out of my wits. Apparently, a movie adaptation of it has been in the works for a while now, but it's anyone's guess as to when or if it'll come out.

What i´ve read about it on IMDB sounds pretty good actually.

Sounds really interesting and promising: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0377906/board/nest/24860576