Old 04-26-2020, 05:32 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

[QUOTE=FryeDwight;1042016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I actually never saw Revenge, I don't think, looking at the trailer. I did see The Creature Walks Among Us when I was 12. It wasn't particularly good, but I remember the Creature throws the guy 10 feet into a palm tree.

My folks took me to Clearwater a couple years ago. Very cool.

The Gulf Coast of Florida is awesome. We were staying Madiera Beach a couple of years ago and took a drive through Clearwater...maybe We passed You! Remember also how damn hot it was (early October)...just sweltering and 95 degrees when we left and 57 in Manchester NH...quite the difference

Naples is also very nice
Yes. The Gulf Coast in Florida is very nice. Clearwater Beach is another awesome one to visit some time(after this corona virus deal is over, of course). "The Creature Walks Among Us" is the third sequel made to close the trilogy. That one is more comedy than horror or sci-fi. The best of that series is definitely the original, which was one of the first very good monster movies out there that could still hold its own with today's standards to an extent. "Revenge Of The Creature" is a good worthy sequel as well. If you get quarantined in, the Creature From The Black Lagoon series should be a good series to keep you company. Of all the old black and white Universal monster movies, that series is definitely one of the best of them all.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:48 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up The Beast From 200,000 Fathoms

Here is another classic that I have always wanted to see, but never had the chance to, until now, and it's about time! I am so glad I finally got to see it! I saw it three times in the past two days, to be exact! For those not familiar, this one is about a dinosaur brought out of its frozen state in the North Pole, then travels its way by ocean to its old mating grounds, which is for the then present day, New York City. It has a timeless classic scene when it first arrives to the city with a NYPD officer shooting at it, only to get swallowed whole by it, which is done with style. For standards then, that scene might have been scary, but for today's standards, it's hilarious. Scientists who have researched that type of dinosaur and how it can be stopped team up with the National Guard to stop its raging spree before it destroys the whole city, while killing everybody in the process. Those who like the classic King Kong, Godzilla, Gamera, Tarantula, and Them! films should really enjoy this one as well. It is another one of the better black and white monster classics out there.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:01 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
Here is another classic that I have always wanted to see, but never had the chance to, until now, and it's about time! I am so glad I finally got to see it! Those who like the classic King Kong, Godzilla, Gamera, Tarantula, and Them! films should really enjoy this one as well. It is another one of the better black and white monster classics out there.
It IS a good little film, isn't it. Check out the source story, "The Foghorn" by Ray Bradbury.

THE INVISIBLE WOMAN (1940). Good special effects are all that save this painfully unfunny "Comedy". Dotty John Barrymore (his final film, I believe) wants to try his invisibility formula on a human to help out feckless benefactor and flighty model Virginia Bruce takes the plunge. Watch the 1933 THE INVISIBLE MAN instead. *
Old 05-01-2020, 05:17 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
It IS a good little film, isn't it. Check out the source story, "The Foghorn" by Ray Bradbury.

THE INVISIBLE WOMAN (1940). Good special effects are all that save this painfully unfunny "Comedy". Dotty John Barrymore (his final film, I believe) wants to try his invisibility formula on a human to help out feckless benefactor and flighty model Virginia Bruce takes the plunge. Watch the 1933 THE INVISIBLE MAN instead. *
Yes, it's a great one. I will try looking at the source story some time. Ray Bradbury was another one of the great horror and suspense writers. I actually enjoyed "The Invisible Woman," but didn't expect much real amazing from it, just an enjoyable comedy parody that it is. Funny coincidence that you mentioned "The Invisible Man" from 1933. That's another classic I have always wanted to see, but never got the chance to. I should be able to rent that one on Prime over the weekend, though, and probably will if I get the chance.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:05 AM
Evil Dead

RIO BRAVO (1959). It took me a long time to check out John Wayne's films as my Stepfather and Father In Law almost afforded deity status on him. But with time passing, he really did do some good films and this one is probably at the top. Great chemistry between JW and Dean Martin (solid performance as the conflicted lush), Rick Nelson (Colorado reminds me a lot of the persona Tom Cruise affected in the late 80's onward), Walter Brennan and Angie Dickinson. ****
Old 05-05-2020, 04:46 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
RIO BRAVO (1959). It took me a long time to check out John Wayne's films as my Stepfather and Father In Law almost afforded deity status on him. But with time passing, he really did do some good films and this one is probably at the top. Great chemistry between JW and Dean Martin (solid performance as the conflicted lush), Rick Nelson (Colorado reminds me a lot of the persona Tom Cruise affected in the late 80's onward), Walter Brennan and Angie Dickinson. ****
I remember liking Rio Bravo. You've probably already seen it, but I thought the best, and surprisingly enjoyable, 'John Wayne film' was Stagecoach (1939). (Which is on youtube).

Old 05-08-2020, 02:00 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I remember liking Rio Bravo. You've probably already seen it, but I thought the best, and surprisingly enjoyable, 'John Wayne film' was Stagecoach (1939). (Which is on youtube).

It's been awhile, but STAGECOACH was pretty good. Like John Carradine a lot in it and Thomas Mitchell won an Oscar.

A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS (1964). "I don't think it's nice, You LAUGHIN'!" and with that , the Ultimate Bad Ass-AKA Clint Eastwood- comes into prominence. After several forgettable films, especially THE WORLD'S FIRST TRAVELLING SALESLADY (as Carol Channing's romantic interest) and the RAWHIDE television series, this was his first starring role. This "Spaghetti Western" features "The Man with No Name" (Clint) riding into a town torn apart by two feuding families, where He slyly plays them against each other, collecting money along the way. Lots of closeups and still pretty violent with memorable music score. ****
Old 05-10-2020, 02:06 AM
Evil Dead

SHE DEMONS (1958).A hurricane washes a small group on a uncharted island-what else would it be- that has a group of Nazi's conducting skin grafting experiments, turning the local Native girls into ugly faced/fanged monstrosities, but still possessing perfect dancer's bodies! Not great by any means, but it has Chalie Chan's Number One Son (Victor Seun Young, a few years from playing Hop Sing on BONANZA) and lovely Irish McCalla (from the television series SHEENA : QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE), which is certainly inspiring casting. To add to the fun of watching this, the YOUTUBE version I watched gets sound/sight synchronization out of whack by a couple of minutes, which actually sort of helped. **1/2
Old 05-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Evil Dead

White Zombie - By 2020 standards, it's not that captivating. But as a pioneer of the genre, it deserves to be seen and preserved.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:04 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
White Zombie - By 2020 standards, it's not that captivating. But as a pioneer of the genre, it deserves to be seen and preserved.
Oops

Last edited by Bloof; 05-22-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Thinking of another movie