Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Scares Little Kids

omen IV and V

Wante to see if anyone had any information on the two novels by Gordon McGill. He wrote two novels that continued the storyline of the orginal Omen, following Damien's son. 20th Century Fox Film owns the rights to these books and I have wanted to start some type of grassroots movenment for the fans of this series to see if they would ever consider continuing the storyline.

Any information, opinions or ideas are welcomed.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Horror Fan

There was a part IV, a made-for-TV version featuring a girl as the Damien role.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Scares Little Kids

I did see that one, early mid 90's. Not very good. Have you read these two books, they were written mid 80's?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Evil Dead

Ahhhhh!!!!
No! Don't continue the story!!! There should never have been Oven IV, is sucked balls!!!
Omen III ended the story perfectly, I mean if anyone actually reads Revelations in the Bible you would see that evil is destroied and the Earth is made new. I mean that was God at the very end of Omen III thus fullfilling the prophecy of Revelations!
Any continuation of the Omen story would interfer with the original book of Revelations and Omen is heavly based on Revelations: "Let he who can count, count the number of the beast for it is the number of a man, 666." In the first Omen its a direct quote from the Bible.

And no I have not read the novels, I didn't even know they existed, I would be curious to see what this author does with the story, but no more Omen movies please.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Scares Little Kids

I have these somewhere, as I'm moving house in the next 3 weeks i'll dig em outta the loft see if that jogs my memory...
Old 03-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Scares Little Kids

I didn't think I would like the books either, but I couldn't put them down, read them both in about four days, non stop reading.

McGill, the author, does a great job of tying together all the missing parts and continues the storyline with Damien's son as the physical body of evil. Remember, all of this was set up in Omen III when Damien slept with Kate Reynolds!

I just really enjoyed the plots and would really enjoy these books made into new movies. With Halloween up to number 9 and Friday the 13th up to, really can't remember now, and Nightmare on Elm Street rolling on too, it would be cool if 20th Century Fox would consider green lighting these novels.

Maybe a fan page would generate enough demand, I know that Halloween has a web page Halloweenmovies.com.

Thanks for the comments and opinions,

Hope you find those books!