Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows

Old 03-16-2019, 05:50 PM
That fucking Guy...

Just got done with Russian Doll - Spoilers

Solid show.
I mean Natasha Lyonne is playing herself, or the version we've become accustomed to seeing in film/tv anyway.

I didn't think the show would work at all, though found it entertaining throughout.

I'm still not sure about some things.
eg - We never really got clued in on how the time passing/fruit rotting thing was working...like what plane of existence were the two characters occupying...

Though it felt like at least to me - that last episode was basically a resolution?
My take is that for whatever reason the characters were linked
(another unexplored variable)
...the sole reason for the cycle was to learn about each other, enough so that
(I guess this was always the cosmic "plan")
when they inevitably go back to each others respective death nights they'd know enough about each other and the incidents that occurred to be each others saviour?

So were they alive in the end, you think?

I'm not actually sure.
It kind of SEEMS like...the two realities kind of moulded into one?
...but I'm not sure how that would work "in real life"...I think the kind of death day parade was to indicate that, they'd met their kindred spirit, someone to "save" them, and that they'd kind of helped each other find closure, and moved on?

Either that, or they're both/both still alive/alive in two alternative timelines.

Anyways, it's a good watch. Not a huge time investment, and entertainingly weird...but not in a wanker "just because" kinda way...

What are your thoughts on the ending/s?
Wonder if we're going to get any kind of follow up series...I'd like to see more, but it does feel as though they successfully closed off the story.