Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-12-2015, 04:16 AM
Scares Little Kids

Hopes for 2016 an onwards

With the current trend of Horror movies and series, some of which not even being Horror, it makes me wonder what the next big thing will be.

What are your hopes for the next year or two?

I would love a decent Werewolf horror film. Granted, this will be hard given the difficulty of making a convincing monster in either CGI or practical effects. A film similar to the film Afflicted would be interesting.

A scary Mummy film
No Brendan Frasier please

An actual Vampire horror film. One along the feral vampire lines, think The Strain or 30 Days of Night
Old 10-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Evil Dead

A werewolf film similar to Afflicted: Wer. I thought so at least.

I'd be down for a good, scary mummy film, and not a Hollywood action movie like those Brendan Frasier movies.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:01 AM
No, fuck YOU

Horror flicks in virtual reality, but it might be a year or two too soon.

It's gonna happen tho..
Old 10-13-2015, 03:42 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Horror flicks in virtual reality, but it might be a year or two too soon.

It's gonna happen tho..

There's a video of someone watching Insidious through a VR headset. Looks like it would be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
A werewolf film similar to Afflicted: Wer. I thought so at least.

I'd be down for a good, scary mummy film, and not a Hollywood action movie like those Brendan Frasier movies.

Wer is on my list to watch. Might try and get it for the weekend
Old 10-13-2015, 04:40 AM
Evil Dead

I want Before I Wake to find a distributor. It's a shame that was dropped by Relativity.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:23 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

No more remakes would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel J Mellor View Post
I would love a decent Werewolf horror film. Granted, this will be hard given the difficulty of making a convincing monster in either CGI or practical effects. A film similar to the film Afflicted would be interesting.
Because it's cheaper, I'm afraid today's movie makers rely too heavily on CGI. Kids these days love it and I will never understand how or why. Any SciFi film is a great example why. They look like crap! Obviously fake, not scary, takes away any tension because you can't stop laughing or facepalming. However if used sparingly it could and has worked. Jurassic Park is THE best example. It had CGI when it was needed, and went traditional effects if it was possible. The blend was perfect and didn't offset the vision or lose focus of story and excitement. This was also the approach for the Lord of the Rings films. There's a reason certain movies remain such classics, and it's not a fuck ton of cheap CGI.

Today however... it seems if we want practical effects we have to stick with the classics like the Howling or AWIL. I'm certainly not holding my breath for a good werewolf film anytime soon. If anything I hope for them to be as painless as possible to watch.

I could rant about this forever, but there's also redundant tween appeal plot to consider even if the movie was made right. Few know how to write a good story anymore...

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:28 PM
Horror Fan

More Paranormal Activity

More found footage

More Rob Zombie

Old 10-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Evil Dead

Rob Zombie couldn't direct traffic.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:34 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
More Paranormal Activity

More found footage

More Rob Zombie
You just described three things I do not want more of! We're definitely never marrying. ;)
Old 10-16-2015, 03:07 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
No more remakes would be nice.

Because it's cheaper, I'm afraid today's movie makers rely too heavily on CGI. Kids these days love it and I will never understand how or why. Any SciFi film is a great example why. They look like crap! Obviously fake, not scary, takes away any tension because you can't stop laughing or facepalming. However if used sparingly it could and has worked. Jurassic Park is THE best example. It had CGI when it was needed, and went traditional effects if it was possible. The blend was perfect and didn't offset the vision or lose focus of story and excitement. This was also the approach for the Lord of the Rings films. There's a reason certain movies remain such classics, and it's not a fuck ton of cheap CGI.

Today however... it seems if we want practical effects we have to stick with the classics like the Howling or AWIL. I'm certainly not holding my breath for a good werewolf film anytime soon. If anything I hope for them to be as painless as possible to watch.

I could rant about this forever, but there's also redundant tween appeal plot to consider even if the movie was made right. Few know how to write a good story anymore...
Completely agree. I do special effects makeup and know how time consuming it is to punch hair into just a standard mask, so a full suit would take weeks.

Unfortunately you'll get either a decent script and terrible looking monster or great looking monster in a terrible script.

The reason why films like The Descent work so well is the build up of tension. That is also lacking in a lot of films.