Old 10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Haha I knew this thread might bring you out, Shanksy. :D

Yeah, from the descriptions I read, a full uncut and unrated edition would have kicked some serious ass. Too bad all that stuff is lost now.

hehe :D

I did get the limited edition dvd version with the big case and dts :D... kind of made up for no full film.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Reality Beats Gore.

Send a message via MSN to Elliot Robertson Send a message via Skype™ to Elliot Robertson
What problems seriously rise from allowing more shocking stuff into the film!? I really hate people who whine and moan about showing shocking things nowadays. If you don't like it, don't watch. If they'd of brought out a full uncut version, then yeah, that would be amazing.

Another thing, a classic, The Exorcist, got it's number one spot from using shock tactics. If we can't push the border anymore, don't expect some awesome horrors.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Now she has us.

There's always gona be the people who watch these sort of horors, with the intention of exclaiming "OMG WTF!!! THATS OBSCENE!!" and then start demented shreeking that they should never be produced, directed and released.

More gore the better is all I say :D

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 10-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Reality Beats Gore.

Send a message via MSN to Elliot Robertson Send a message via Skype™ to Elliot Robertson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankS View Post
There's always gona be the people who watch these sort of horors, with the intention of exclaiming "OMG WTF!!! THATS OBSCENE!!" and then start demented shreeking that they should never be produced, directed and released.

More gore the better is all I say :D
Not necessarily gore, something we all feel is shocking. Something that's not right relative to nowadays. Like back in the 70's, no one had ever seen something like the exorcist.

Nowadays a movie comes along and whiners feel the need to shear the crap out of it until only suitable things are left...
Old 08-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Evil Dead

Event Horizon: Scary?

Couldn't find a thread about Event Horizon, so my question is... well, I've seen a lot of people say that Event Horizon is one of the scariest movies they've ever seen. How? I didn't find any suspense in the movie, and, for the most part, the "scares" was stuff appearing behind people. The Visions of Hell sequence was rather cool, and the production design and cinematography were amazing, though. Also, I couldn't believe the explanation of why the ship is the way it is at all. I do like how it's like The Shining in space, but really? A black hole leads to hell? I really just can't believe that because none of the movie never really lead up to something sort of off-the-wall like that.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Evil Sweat

I don't find it scary but I think it's a brilliant movie.

From what I remember the ship has been lost in the deepest regions of space and those regions resemble some sort of Hell.
Ship came back from Hell and brought some Evil with it.
Evil possesses people in order to open the gateway and unleash Hell.
Or something like that.