Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-19-2004, 09:38 AM
That fucking Guy...

Whats Up, ALL?!?!?!? READ THIS!

So, I wanted to make a new thread...but since I didn't wanna make FOUR new ones, I've posted this in all the forums I frequent...so yeah, apologies if you've seen it before...
Just some general crap...

So I'm playing through deus ex for the first time - I've owned the game for over a year now, and have attempted to play it about 3 or 4 times ago...just never really got into it past the first few missions. As it turns out, it starts out pretty slow, but the story and play get's quiet good, and through boosting your "skills" you can become a really profficient killer (among other things)...so, this whole situation with me not playing it after owning it for quiet some time - (a small amount of other games have got the same treatment in the past, being ignored, and then later played when bored or while there are no other games to play...)
Has this ever happened to anyone else here? Have you ever just "put away" a game, then played and enjoyed it later??
I'm getting "invisible war" sometime over the next week - anyone played it??
I'm making my way through watching 4 series (from the beggining) on dvd...stuff I've looked at in the past and wanted to watch...

*Star Trek ds9 - I got this because the first time I saw the first episode of the original broadcast, I didn't think much it - no reason in particular, just didn't like it...and I don't know why, so I decided to watch it again to find out. I've not yet done so.

*Futurama - I've always liked this show, just haven't seen very many episodes due to shitty australian tv timeslot changes..but it's a really good show, the stories and characters are all pretty funny, and the humours just a little more adult. No, I don't compare it with the Simpsons like everyone else seems to, if I did, right now I'd have to say I like futurama more, 'cos at this point, I think I've seen every simpsons episode replayed about 5 times now...

Alias - a bit over half way past the first series - This show is cool...violence, one hot momma in the lead (not all women gotta have huge tits to pull off "hot"), gadgets, torture, murder and more twists than well, something very twisty....it's all good...love this show.

24 - Some episodes can be a little slow, but most of them are very watchable, the actings pretty good, the plot is so far pretty interesting. The concept of the "real time" is also interesting, you don't notice it much after a while though, a slightly more realistic take on the govt agent thang than alias, but both shows are very good.., in particular, this show has A LOT of cliffhanger appeal to go on watching.

uh...what else.....movies...
I have recently seen 4 movies

* The butterfly effect - Thought provoking, very interesting concept. Although I didn't (and still don't) understand how the hell he was supposed to be doing what he was doing, the whole "back and forth" thing worked very well. Not as much horror as "horrifying/sad outcomes", it still made the stomach turn somewhat. I thought there could have been further exploration and a few more outcomes, but it did end pretty well.
I see them making a sequel for this one, I don't know why, but I think we'll see one.

* Scooby Doo 2 - I took my lil' bro.
Ok, so it's about some guy who steals suits of mystery inc's former "monster/ghost" type foes, and generates real monsters.
These monsters (some new, some from the old cartoon) actually looked very good, pretty much totally lacked any kind of "3D" personalities, but they LOOKED good. As for the rest of the movie, yeah it was kinda funny - but it really felt as though they'd taken out a lot of the more "adult" comedy and innuendo out and made an overall more kiddy movie compared to the first.
Good for the kids I suppose...but the innuendo of the first film, and the way it analysed the characters and made fun of the original series was a big part of what I liked about it.
It didn't suck, but IMO, it wasn't as good as #1.

* Welcome To The Jungle (or "The Rundown")
- I dunno if it ever came out at the movies here (aus) or not, but it's just a couple of weeks ago come out on dvd.
It's just an action movie pretty much....same old stuff. Good fight scenes, funny arguments, nice scenery...and they talk about the CANDIRU...
Both of the leads have pretty much fallen into their former typecasts, although I actually quiet liked the rocks character in this, I was, however, very dissapointed in Christopher Walken, I'm not sure why, but this movie just wasn't "him".
Nice stunt coreography, pretty much non-stop action, and I'm not one who generally buys into this "he'll be the next schwarzenegger" shit, but I have to admit, I enjoyed this more than arnies last few attempts at the action genre...Nothing special, but if you can hire it, it's worth a watch.

* 50 First dates - I don't like adam sandler...I think that usually he's not much more than a walking, talking Jerry Lewis rip-off. His only films that have stood out to me are Airheads, the wedding singer, and anger management....(mr deeds ALMOST made the cut) When I look at those three films together, it seems that supporting cast is a big factor here.
So, "50" was made by happy madison (as was anger management), and had Drew barrymore in it as a love interest (wedding singer), so I thought it might've been alright, and went along.
It was quiet funny...sandler not acting like a retarded child for MOST of the movie was a good point. It's very much a romantic comedy, but it doesn't actually suck. Good jokes, some "interesting" characters, and an "all ages" appeal. I didn't think it was as good as the wedding singer, but I enjoyed it a lot more than most of A.S's movies.

Well....that's it for me....any comments?
What have u guys been watching/playing?

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 04-19-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:48 AM
That fucking Guy...

Also...the pc game "PAINKILLER" looks very good...I posted a little about it in the games section...I think...
Old 04-19-2004, 09:49 AM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
Holy frickin crap
Old 04-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Also known as newb

Re: Whats Up, ALL?!?!?!? READ THIS!

[So I'm playing through deus ex for the first time - I've owned the game for over a year now, and have attempted to play it about 3 or 4 times ago...]

I did the same thing with this game. Just never really got into it.Perhaps I'll give it another try.

[I'm making my way through watching 4 series (from the beggining) on dvd...stuff I've looked at in the past and wanted to watch...

*Star Trek ds9-]

After Capt'n Kirk I never really got into it.

[*Futurama -]

Watched the first season and kinda lost interest...It's just not on the same level as The Simpson's, IMO

[Alias -] Never watched it. Although JG is very hot

[24 -] Never watched it.

[h...what else.....movies..].

[* The butterfly effect -] Haven't seen it yet but I intend to on DVD

[* Scooby Doo 2 -] Nope

[* Welcome To The Jungle (or "The Rundown") Good movie.I like the way Arnold literally handed The Rock the gauntlet at the beginning of the movie. Walken was his usual brilliant self IMO.

[* 50 First dates - I don't like adam sandler...] Nor do I.Haven't seen it, don't intend to.

[Well....that's it for me....any comments?
What have u guys been watching/playing?]

hmmm...last movie seen was...Kill Bill....great movie
currently playing.....Far Cry....great game.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Post-Moderation

I watched last nights 24 episode. I was surpised, it was pretty good. He shot that guy in the back of the head:eek: i didnt expect that.

I watched most of the first season, and it does slow down a bit much in places, but other times its really extremely well written. Ups and downs i suppose...
Old 04-19-2004, 01:11 PM
That fucking Guy...

I agree on the arnie "handing over the mantle" kinda thing in welcome to the jungle...I was wondering if that's what they were going for also.

I got a copy of Far cry, but for some reason it looked way too bright (like someone had totally fucked with the gamma), and the crosshair/mouse movement wasn't running smoothly enough, so it kinda got spoiled for me - I took it back...although, I have to say, it did a better job on vehicles than Halo.

After kirk?? How old ru?
I was too young to get into the original series anyway, I thought next gen was ok, but voyager was my favourite...I just realised, I've never seen more than about half of any of these series...

U should ATTEMPT to get into deus ex, the storyline is quiet cool, and as you get more experienced, killing ppl becomes a lot cooler...

I agree with u on futurama to some extent, in that I don't think it's on the same level as the simpsons - it's just a different kinda show, simpsons is classic, but futurama WAS a decent show.
I think I've only seen episodes from the first 2 series, so I'm unsure how it goes after that, I'll collect it 'til it gets shitty.

So, when you say you just saw kill bill, r we talking about part 1 or 2? I figure part 2 must be out in the states alread, since it's coming out here, like really soon - anyone seen it yet?

U should check out alias and 24...theyre both good, just try hire the first disks of each or something.

If you're bothered by the "idiot" factor in regards to sandler, I'd recommend "50", the wedding singer, and maybe anger-management.

What are the next few movies you guys wanna see? Looking foward to any games either?
Old 04-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Also known as newb

quote:
After kirk?? How old ru?

Old enough to have seen the original Star Trek on TV on its first run. Along with Gilligans Island, Brady Bunch,Wild Wild West [ I loved that show ] Bewitched...........damn...I'm ancient.

As far as Kill Bill, it was the first one. The second has just been released to theatres over the weekend.

I did see The Wedding Singer and Anger Managerment....they weren't too bad..its the other shit I don't like...Little Nicky, Waterboy.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Living Dead

People are always comparing Futurama with the Simpsons and I don't know why. The two shows are, save similar animation styles, nothing alike.
Spike: I mean, honestly, what kind of retard wears heels like that in a dark alley? Take two steps, break your bloody ankle.
Alley Chick: I was just trying to get home.
Spike: Take a cab, you moron. And on the way, if a stranger offers you candy, don’t get in the van! Stupid cow.