Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

New Freddy: What do you think of it?

Although i pretty much hate new horror movies i couldnt help but to go see the new NOES. I didnt expect much from it so i wasnt blown away or terribly disappointed. Micheal Bay sucks ass reguarding horror and has no business doing anything related to it. Horrible blends of the first one which only pissed off people who knew enough of the original to be able to tell what scenes were trying to be redone. Im sure they'll be mixed reviews about this but i thought Jackie Earl Haley did a Great job as the new freddy. Took a lil bit to get used to but he still was creepy and his body language was sort of kept freddyesque so to speak. Kinda tough not seeing his as Rorschach though. Overall i didnt hate the movie cause i knew what i was going to see with Bay as the director. I expected BOO kinda scares and that is what i got. Unfortunetly that is the only way to scare an audience nowadys. Anyway i want opinions, thoughts, reactions, etc.

Im posting from my phone which sucks. can an administrator or moderator delete one of these please.

Last edited by FreddyMyers; 04-30-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Double thread
Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
ita formido mortalis

I'm going to see this movie later today.

Michael Bay is actually the producer, not the director. The director is some guy that is known for making music videos.

When you said:

"Micheal Bay sucks ass reguarding horror and has no business doing anything related to it."

I'll actually have to correct you here, Michael Bay sucks ass regarding ANY kind of movie he is involved with. I hate the fact that I'm going to see a movie he produced. But I'm still looking forward to this.

http://www.facebook.com/AperionProject
-------------------------
Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Though I'm not a big fan i did enjoy The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the Friday the 13th remake..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 AM
ita formido mortalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Though I'm not a big fan i did enjoy The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the Friday the 13th remake..
Really? Am I the only one that didn't like those? Well, I suppose Friday the 13th was fun enough, but I really didn't like the TCM remake at all.

http://www.facebook.com/AperionProject
-------------------------
Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
I really liked the New Nightmare on Elm Street movie, I took my girlfriend to see it last night. It was packed, seen a lot of people I hadn't seen in years or I do not see on a regular basis, anyways. I noticed quite a few scenes that were attempted to be redone. Uhm, I noticed some similarities between some of the character names from both the '84 version and the '10 version, but I must really say, I liked the newer ending better than the original. Sorry to say.

Oh, and one more thing; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th remakes were actually pretty decent. Some of the older franchise installments were kinda cheesy to begin with, so I kinda like the modernesque of the newer films.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperion View Post
Really? Am I the only one that didn't like those? Well, I suppose Friday the 13th was fun enough, but I really didn't like the TCM remake at all.
I think Friday the 13th got mixed feeling from most horror fans and TCM seemed popular enough..
Old 05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

It sucked. Platinum Dunes alsway do it wrong. They are patholigically incapable of creating a protagonist you can root for.

Boring, weak, uninspired and flat. I hated the Friday 13 remake and TCM, but both of those are better than this film. Jackie Earl Haley is wasted. there is nothing redeeming about this flick. I couldn't care about anyone in this film.

I took my twelve year-old son last night and he thought it was "okay." Not exactly a stunning endorsement from the movie going youth.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 05-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Evil Dead

I thought the F13 and TCM remakes were pretty weak and I have absolutely no interest in the new "Nightmare"
Old 05-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Pirate of Bengal

As we're getting used to of watching needless & disaster version of an original classic so I'm going to watch it anyway as soon as it get available here.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Whip In My Valise

In the name of all that's sacred, PLEASE stop this plague of remakes!!
The Omen
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Carrie
The Shining
Friday The 13th
Psycho
The Wicker Man
Black Christmas
Carnival Of Souls
Night Of The Living Dead

At least attempt to do something different with these films while still paying them the respect they deserve (Rob Zombie's Halloween for example).