Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2004, 01:15 PM
shamrock33

worst movie ever

am i the only one here who thinks "Saw" was the worst movie ever? and that it's totally embrassing that it's even considered a horror movie? no gore, no scares, no story, no plot / motive, no direction, horrible use of camera and lame editing tricks, AND some of worst acting in a horror movie ever.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
..its only a movie...

Re: worst movie ever

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock33
am i the only one here who thinks "Saw" was the worst movie ever? and that it's totally embrassing that it's even considered a horror movie? no gore, no scares, no story, no plot / motive, no direction, horrible use of camera and lame editing tricks, AND some of worst acting in a horror movie ever.
we were all talking about in terms of being modern, in this world of "i know.......summer" and "valintine" it was good but not good, as i said it can go either way, 3/5

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 11-30-2004, 01:58 PM
shamrock33

modern or not "Saw" is terrible. who cares what context you put it in? it's just a terrible movie plain and simple. if it came out in 1987 it'd be just as bad. bad direction, editing, effects, writing, and acting are bad in any context you present them.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:02 AM
..its only a movie...

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock33
modern or not "Saw" is terrible. who cares what context you put it in? it's just a terrible movie plain and simple. if it came out in 1987 it'd be just as bad. bad direction, editing, effects, writing, and acting are bad in any context you present them.
touche

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 12-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Lirael
***Spoilers******

Well I think I liked it better then the rest of you.
Gore one point
It got you thinking 2 points.
Twists 3 point
And the fact that I didn't have it figure out at the end. Is golden. 4points

So 4 out of 5 for me.

Imo I believe the main issue was he was dying, and the fact that these people took theirs lives for granted was his mo. The Drugie killing herself. The user playing sick. So on even the doctor who had a beautiful wife, a great life, but wasn't happy and went out to cheat on his wife. Way he saw it is he was dying anyways he didn't have a choice anymore to change his life. In his mind he believed he was waking them up. And giving them ways to free themselves and to appreciate what they had.. Life.. there fore to fight for it so to speak. And if they couldn't then they were a wasted effort and not worthy of this gift. At least this is what I got from it anyways. Killer ending. Loved the fact that he was in the room the whole time!

Last edited by Lirael; 12-04-2004 at 01:39 AM.