Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Token Black Guy

Are you saying that you didn't like this movie?
Old 12-23-2004, 04:23 AM
Fear scented candle

Oh, sure Kemal.... Pare it down to its essence....:D

I honestly hate this movie to the point that i want to preach its unholiness like a gospel....
Old 12-23-2004, 05:20 AM
Banned

i saw it and thought 'ho hum'
didnt hate it with any great passion ...
Old 12-23-2004, 05:25 AM
Fear scented candle

I ama long time D&D fan (since i was 12) and had read an article back when Total Movie was still in publication with the little retard that made it where he bboasted about what a true fan he was, how great the movie would be, and how "true to the game" it was going to be.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. it wasnt just a bad movie, some of us were hurt by it. it essentially killed our hopes of ever getting a decent D&D based movie.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
I ama long time D&D fan (since i was 12) and had read an article back when Total Movie was still in publication with the little retard that made it where he bboasted about what a true fan he was, how great the movie would be, and how "true to the game" it was going to be.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. it wasnt just a bad movie, some of us were hurt by it. it essentially killed our hopes of ever getting a decent D&D based movie.
thus the bitter acidic hate you harbour ... you had more of a vested interest.
I was never into dungeons and dragons .. or any RPG for that matter...

But I was a huge fan of 6th sense and Unbreakable.
(i have more respect for Unbreakable every time i see it)

So i was so destroyed by The Village which looked so promising ...

I am going to buy it used just to hear that little weasle explain himself on the commentary - if there is one.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:34 AM
Fear scented candle

i imagine it will go somethibng like this:
"I am M. Night Shymalan. Only i can pronounce my name correctly. i made the sixth sense, so fuck off. anything i make is gold.

However, i too think Donny Wahlberg deserves a shitload more credit than he gets for the opening of Sixth Sense."
Old 12-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Token Black Guy

I like Unbreakable too, though it was a little boring in parts. It showed how an actual superhero might be in the real world, with believable powers and real world problems. And I'm glad he didn't fly or shoot spider webs from his ass or anything like that. He was just really tough.

The Village was horrible. They should have had Bruce Willis ride up in cowboy gear and start blowing away the monsters with a winchester 30-30. "Yipee kay-yay, motherfuckers!" Oh well.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kemal
I like Unbreakable too, though it was a little boring in parts. It showed how an actual superhero might be in the real world, with believable powers and real world problems. And I'm glad he didn't fly or shoot spider webs from his ass or anything like that. He was just really tough.

The Village was horrible. They should have had Bruce Willis ride up in cowboy gear and start blowing away the monsters with a winchester 30-30. "Yipee kay-yay, motherfuckers!" Oh well.
I love the pacing of unbreakable ... and the slow light tension that was building as we were always unsure where it was going.
But the absolute high point for me and the most brilliant thing i've seen in many a year was the 'get the bad guy scene' at the end ... instead of guns blazing and the heavy music soundtrack, it was slow and sad ....very much against type and for me - extremely effective.

very smart film.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Fear scented candle

The absolute end of unbreakable felt tacked on. The rest of the movie was beautiful. The rescue of the kids, showing his "kryptonite", the whole flesh of the movie was brilliant.

Despite some of the intricacies that i think are kind of blah, and much of the framework, i liked signs too. Shymalan gets props for bringing a very "real-world" feel to some otherwise cheesy and over used ideas.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
The absolute end of unbreakable felt tacked on. The rest of the movie was beautiful. The rescue of the kids, showing his "kryptonite", the whole flesh of the movie was brilliant.

Despite some of the intricacies that i think are kind of blah, and much of the framework, i liked signs too. Shymalan gets props for bringing a very "real-world" feel to some otherwise cheesy and over used ideas.
signs had a couple of effective moments (the amateur footage shown on the news of the alien walking past the window)

but it really started to break down fast .. and Mel was a poor choice.

He should have stuck with Bruce in that roll (this coming from a former Bruce Willis hater)

The very end of Unbreakable was a bit anticlimactic compared to the previous dramatic scene but it was nessessary. (remember it was about comic books ...they had to tie up the end like they would in a book)

incidently.. Scary Movie 3 where they parodied the 'alien sighting' from signs had me pissing my pants i was laughing so hard.
That was inspired :)