Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Returning after eternity.

Quote:
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
I didn't like this one so much. I'm interested in chaos theory, and thought I would really enjoy this film ... but the acting was just outright terrible. The story was pretty solid, except for the fact that the main character kept doing things that didn't make sense. For example, after he beats up the brother and lands in jail (thus, mucking up a life that was turning out to be pretty good), why not just go back and do that life again ... only, this time, don't kill the brother. Why go all the way back to the beginning and change something else?

Another movie for fans of chaos theory: Bug.
This one was pretty good, too. Only, it's a comedy. But it has one of the most solid plots I have seen in a film in a long time.
He couldn't go back to that time. He can only go back to a period when he was having a blackout, so he only has so many points in time and space that he can revisist and change.

Edit: Okay, I see what you're saying now. Start all over, revisit that same time period, make the same change, wake up again, and don't kill her brother. Good point.

This IS Ashton Kutcher we're talking about here.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Now she has us.

this was one of those films I just couldnt get into, maybe I was tired when trying to watch it??

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 07-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to donnie darkko
Kutcher

Aston Kutcher was pretty good in it, the scene when he meets kayle again when she a prostitute,he was pretty good in it there are some parts where u can see a little kelso comming out but still he was good the directors cut is even better then the theatrical
Old 07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

i thought it was hella funny when he ate shit with no arms. I know its probably wrong but for some reason i found it very very hilarious
Old 07-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Evil Dead

Unique to say the least.

I thought that the film setup was great. I, as opposed to a whole bunch of people, thought that Ashton Kutcher did a very good job in the movie. Who wouldn't want the chance to go back and change things? This movie goes to great lengths to show how messed up things can truly get. Did anyone watch both endings? Which did you think was better? The baby? The birthday? For those who have seen it, they will understand it.
________
buy silver surfer vaporizer

Last edited by thecritic; 01-19-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Something about a pillow

I just got done watching the theatrical version (Im watching the Directors cut tomorrow) and I thought it was a really good movie with some of the worst acting in recent memory. This is the only case I can think of where a 17 year old boy (the kid who played Evan at 13) has the best acting in a movie. Ashton did really good, but I like him so I was expecting him to do good. There is big plot hole at the end, but its forgiveable.

also, infinifilm is the best thing to happen to movies since the DVD
Old 08-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Evil Dead

The acting in Thr Butterfly Effect was great, Ashton ws his best ever in this film,Melora Walters was great as she is in all her films, Eric Stolts was great as the pervert bastard dad, Ethen Suplees character was very belivable and Amy Smart was great in all her defferent charaters, come on the acting was real good not the greatest but deffinetly not the worst
Old 08-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Something about a pillow

Quote:
Originally posted by donnie darkko
The acting in Thr Butterfly Effect was great, Ashton ws his best ever in this film,Melora Walters was great as she is in all her films, Eric Stolts was great as the pervert bastard dad, Ethen Suplees character was very belivable and Amy Smart was great in all her defferent charaters, come on the acting was real good not the greatest but deffinetly not the worst

Okay, the more minor characters were good. I thought the "churchy boy" Tommy was horrible, and the prostitute Kaylee.

The acting definetly got better as the movie went on, but at the beginning I think everyone did an equally horrible job.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Evil Dead

Loved it

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Evil Dead

I love it 2 its a great film