Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Evil Dead

No More Lamo Zombie Movies

I would like everybodies opinion on this subject. Does someone need to step up to the plate and deliverya completley new zombie movie that is original and not have anything to do with romero.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Evil Dead

Maybe somebody will read this thread who is a famous writer and maybe a lightbulb will go off in there head.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Evil Puppy

Romero made some of the best zombie movies of all time so any zombie movie made will inherently have "something to do" with Romero at least by comparison. I don't think it's new ideas that are lacking in the genre I think it's the poor execution of new ideas.

What new ideas do you have in mind anyway? New settings, character types, or a new twist on the creatures themselves?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Evil Dead

zombies, werewolves and vampires, how many more can we take without some kind of suprizing conclusion?
Old 07-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Evil Dead

Well Refresh the idea the whole plot was based around some sort of mystery fog or the moon or radioactive waste. Go back to the orgin of the zombie what caused the dead to rise. I want to follow the goverment and there reaction to it. Maybe follow a general or some sort of high class officer as the main character or somebody who just got into the air force or army and let the movie evolve around his survival.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Tenant

I wouldn't mind seeing another more "traditional" zombie movie, like I Walked With a Zombie and The Serpent and the Rainbow, with tribal ceremonies and whatnot.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I wouldn't mind seeing another more "traditional" zombie movie, like I Walked With a Zombie and The Serpent and the Rainbow, with tribal ceremonies and whatnot.
I agree, we were just talking about voodoo and zombies here.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Evil Dead

yA THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW WAS A COMPLETE MIND F*CK YOU KNOW THEY HAVNT REALLY MADE ALOT OF HORROR MOVIES THAT DEAL WITH VOODOO ZOMBIES WELL THE SKELETON KEY WAS ONE WHICH WAS DECENT I THINK THEY COULD OF ADDED A LITTLE MORE FREAKISH STUFF TO THE MIX.