Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-09-2023, 11:24 PM
Evil Dead

Black Mirror: The Entire History of You 2011 ★★

Well, the first season of Black Mirror certainly had its share of talent: Rory Kinnear, Daniel Kaluuya, Jodie Whittaker,... wonder who I'll see in the next series.

This one did not do all that much for me. Guessing this is about how unlimited access to all data can make you paranoid. I was not all that engaged in the cheating wife subplot, so the removal of the grain did not feel as cathartic for me. Though it did reinforce the whole atmosphere at social gathering, the feeling of having to be on guard, having to be on every single second of the day.

In The Weeds 2021 ★★˝

This twenty minute short relies more on atmopshere and suggestion than on actual scares and gore. That's commendable, but in my opinion the cast did not get that across as much as hoped.

That being said, there are good things to this flick. The shot with the aroused old lady, suggested only through moving her feet, worked well and the film had an overall nice aesthetic. Particularly the shots on the bicycle reminded me of Licorice Pizza and Linklater films.

For people looking for mood horror and for mystery and suggestion.

Asking For A Friend 2019 ★★★

A decent horror comedy. Maybe not hilarious, but funny and good for a few laughs. The blood dripping from the ceiling is funnier than it sounds on paper. I also liked the vegetarian joke.

No need to reinvent the wheel, but a good way to spend a half hour.

Check it out when you have some time to kill.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:30 PM
Evil Dead

Til Death Do Us Part 2023 ★˝

It starts off well with a nice premise, but then... it devolves quickly into the kind of “horror” that gets that label to rake in some cash from people like me who let themselves be suckered in.

Like Dollar Store Negan, this movie quickly lost its steam and all that we have left is “witty” dialogue and an endless slew of martial arts fights.

Half a star extra for Claudia Van Damme, the badass bride. And, if he did not devolve into a POS, maybe a half star for Dollar Store Dinklage. Well... tiny half star.

Teeth 2015 ★★★

An amusing animated short on Alter about a man obsessed with his teeth.

It goes from weird to creepy to abusive in order to end with a bit of dark humor when he finally get his perfect teeth.

King of the Ants 2003 ★★★

A crime thriller that ventures a bit into horror at times.

Chris McKenna plays an antihero of sorts who gets in way over his head when he wants to make a quick buck doing a job for a crooked construction company chief. Daniel Baldwin with a nice slice of ham in his performance, though he can be scary at times (the bit with the golf club).

It was an enjoyable as a crime thriller. McKenna makes for an okay anti-hero and I liked seeing George Wendt again. Sure, the first shot of him (sipping a beer, of course) had me giddily going “Norm!”, but that quickly changed, morphing into a bit of maybe a generic thug, but I liked the way he portrayed that.

The romantic subplot with the widow provided a nice bit of fresh air, even though you could see the end of that (and everything else) coming from a mile away.

I like how Stuart Gordon ventured into different genres and what little gore was in this flick was right up his alley. Norm's decapitation and the shots of his headless body were done pretty well.
Old 12-10-2023, 05:55 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

The Skeleton Key (2005), interesting little voodoo movie, not too bad, not too special,
Old 12-11-2023, 01:41 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
The Skeleton Key (2005), interesting little voodoo movie, not too bad, not too special,

Very true...My wife loves this, but I'm less than thrilled with it.

WILD WILD WEST (1999). I enjoyed the TV show when I was little and took my pre-Teen daughter to see WWW when it was released. I could not believe how bad this was...Actors I like (Will Smith, Kevin Kine, Kenneth Branagh nd Salma Hayek) and a director of one of my favorite from the 90's (GET SHORTY), pissed away by historical inaccuracies, an awful script and lots of "Ha-Ha" moments that were anything but.
I had a chance to watch it again and still awful. *
Old 12-15-2023, 11:24 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

what lies beneath (2000)

one of those movies that I seemed to have passed by, I actually really liked it, Harrison Ford's character was very interesting.
Old 12-16-2023, 09:28 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

House of Wax (2005)

I really couldn't stand the cast and characters, and how annoying they were which made me anxious to see them die faster, the movie took too long to get to the good stuff but once it did, it definitely had some good moments, nothing special, but I do like the wax style horror idea.
Old 12-17-2023, 06:23 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Caved In: Prehistoric Terror (2006)

weird little made for tv movie you'd probably see on the scifi channel, love me some giant insects, kill those annoying actors
Old 12-19-2023, 03:30 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

next up on the viewing experience is Dark Parasite (2023)

Have you ever seen those snails that get infected with parasites that control their bodies? This is the human version of that. Crime, parasites, aliens, and some serious dragging on stitches this movie together. I liked all the moments where we see the alien and the damage it inflicts, but I dreaded all the acting and background story of the characters...

Day of The Dead (2008)

Doesnt feel like a remake of the original classic, but I guess it is....I prefer the original by a longshot.

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 12-19-2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2023, 05:13 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Territory (2016)

Uk movie, as much as I was confused, I was equally intrigued by the skinned looking human like monster creatures (maybe aliens?).
Old 12-20-2023, 10:59 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Black Pumpkin (2018)

slasher with some interesting kills, but nothing special...lots of teens and kids trying to survive some weird midget sized killer, and honestly alot of the movie bored me. I liked the cover art.

Tags
movie