Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Viking Style

@V

Hallow's Eve was awesome. Lol. As a horror movie I wasn't impressed, but Rudy cracked me up.

''Guy said he wanted to smoke my ass man, what the hell is that?''

''You can't smoke weed without Rudy, without Rudy THERE IS NO WEED.''

LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 03:28 AM
Evil Dead

Niki Daruma (1988) aka Tumbling Dolls, aka Psycho; The Snuff Reels.

One reviewer says of it ... "If you want to see something that will have you asking “What the hell is wrong with me, why am I watching this??” then “Niku Daruma” is for you."

Plenty of twisted gore certainly, once you're through the somewhat tedious beginning. But as with a lot of Asian horror I found the effects too unconvincing for it to be especially horrifying.

Like a scene from August Underground really, but without the suspension of disbelief or the unpleasant aftertaste.

Pervert (2005)

Shameless Russ Meyer homage in which country boy James returns from college to the friendly homestead. A previous visit to a witch doctor (to make him more attractive to females) has left James with a penis that can detach itself from his body and go killing people.

Great fun if you like big boobs and lots of silly humour - also possibly one of the best "monster reveals" in the history of horror :-D

Last edited by Sicknero; 10-18-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Looks like a Danielle Harris horror night. I think I'll check these two out.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Little Boo

Unhappy

I was expecting this to be good, then it became too Seed of Chucky-ish for me.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Artist, Cartoonist & Dude

Just watched Word War Z a couple of days ago. It was much better than I thought it would be. My wife read the book and said the movie is quite a bit different from the source material, but she enjoyed the movie as well. The one thing that struck me as odd was Pitt's lack of emotion in dealing with his charater's wife and family. Then again, maybe that was Pitt's way of conveying his character shifting gears into a "taking care of business" mode. The zombies ability to run fast was utilized greatly in well-crafted action sequences. The few close-up shots didn't really pay off for me. The zombie make-up effects were just okay. I didn't find them as compelling or great as anything I've seen in The Walking Dead.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:25 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Avenue View Post
Just watched Word War Z ]

Hahahahahahahaahahahaha
Old 10-21-2013, 06:31 AM
For Vendetta

Old 10-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Afflicted (2010)

>>: C-

No One Lives (2012)

The copy I downloaded lately was French language with bad sub. Found it pretty gory & entertaining to watch but got totally confused with some parts, particularly with the ending...?? If anyone seen this film already then please help me out with this following questions...
**SPOILER ALERT**What's actually the relation between the captive/kidnapped girl (Emma Ward) & the 'driver'? Are they both killers? What he actually wanted from her or why the 'driver' tried to hold her captive in the back of the trunk? then, what's about that tracking device?**SPOILER ENDS

>>: B-

The Seasoning House (2012)

A great premise to get exploit with 'Horror'! And it did that promisingly with adequate amount of gore & brutality. Loved it for that but I just found that end 'cat & mouse' climax kinda typical and not that much interesting or challenging for a film with such fantastic premise; where I was actually expecting a more shivering finale; something that could make it close to another Martyrs!

Overall, it indeed a great brutal flick from UK. I think V & Angra have seen it already, so recommending to Chrono, Newb, NE & Ferox.

>>: B+
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

The copy I downloaded lately was French language with bad sub. Found it pretty gory & entertaining to watch but got totally confused with some parts, particularly with the ending...?? If anyone seen this film already then please help me out with this following questions...
**SPOILER ALERT**What's actually the relation between the captive/kidnapped girl (Emma Ward) & the 'driver'? Are they both killers? What he actually wanted from her or why the 'driver' tried to hold her captive in the back of the trunk? then, what's about that tracking device?**SPOILER ENDS

>>: B-
I just got a copy of this a couple of days ago, English language but I also have a link to re-written subs if you want it?

Anyway .... aha! I was wondering why I could never see the "spoilers" here, sussed it now :-D I'll watch the film this afternoon and see if I can answer your questions ...

*Edit; I'll have a search for The Seasoning House, looks like my kind of film. Must admit I didn't think much of Martyrs though.

Last edited by Sicknero; 10-22-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
I just got a copy of this a couple of days ago, English language but I also have a link to re-written subs if you want it?

Anyway .... aha! I was wondering why I could never see the "spoilers" here, sussed it now :-D I'll watch the film this afternoon and see if I can answer your questions ...

*Edit; I'll have a search for The Seasoning House, looks like my kind of film. Must admit I didn't think much of Martyrs though.
That would be nice if you can share me the link but more importantly, I'd love to read your review about the film & get the answers. :)

Tags
movie