Old 05-03-2019, 05:31 PM
That fucking Guy...

Endgame - Only for those that have seen it...

So I'm not about to throw out any spoiler warnings, given the title.

So - Anyone want to discuss, ask or answer questions about it?

Personally I think that it was really unexpectedly dialogue heavy at the beginning...really a lot of time went into this to set things up and make this an emotionally weighted film - and for my money, what we got from this was probably the best Avengers film in the franchise.

No, not just because it's new and shiny to me...I hated age of ultron when it came out from the get-go, and didn't really even love infinity war.

The only thing I can really criticise is that it was very, very overloaded with existing characters...and I mean, I get it - this was to basically wrap up the "original" run of phase 1 & 2 Marvel movies, and it was all leading up to this...but the result was a few characters that just seemed to appear and "throw a few punches" for the sake of it during the final battle (which was awesome).
I mean, I guess it's hard to let every character completely shine when you've already got a movie that's 3 hours long.

However, the characters in focus were the important ones, and they made the film for me.

Overall, very happy with this one - and I loved that it really felt a different style of
movie to infinity war.
It didn't pull many punches at all, and I found myself really feeling the stakes of the conflict.

Loved the time travel/looping...even though there was one or two times and locations from previous films I didn't quite recognise (I guess I'd have to watch them all again), but it was easy enough to follow.

What I found most interesting is
*How they essentially created their own problem by enacting their plan...how Thanos found out was just, yeah I enjoyed it. Well written in.

*The divergent timeline Loki would have made for himself...I think?

*Wondering if there would there have been two Captain Americas all along?

Bit of a missed scene opportunity I thought, would have been to have had Captain America get the stone from the place where the Red Skull is stuck. Seeing them come face to face would have been awesome...though it wouldn't work. He's a man apart. What would he have sacrificed that he hadn't lost already?
Bucky would have been as close as it came, and he was dusted.

It was a heroic way to send off Stark.
It was a (even though I don't love the character) kind of tragic but honourable way to send off Black Widow.
It was an awesome way to send of Cap - he got back what he should have had all along...it was really nice to know.

Here's one question I had.
Iron Man getting the stones...did this happen during their scuffle?
I'm thinking that's most likely.
The gauntlet they'd been playing keepaway with is the one they made...which would make it iron-man-ny? So he what, absorbed/transferred them via the Stark-Tech stuff they both had when he was grabbing at the gauntlet?

Any future predictions?
What would you like to see?

I'd still love to see Kang the Conqueror as the next MAIN villain.

I'd like a syndicate of villains, some new, some past.
The Loki thing may lead to that I guess. Zemo was under-utilised. Red Skull still exists. KLAW is still around too right? Ultron could probably be lurking.
I'd like that...not cosmic level threats, but maybe something to give a "new" team a bit of a run for their money and chance to shine.
So basically guys that are no HUGE threat on their own to the team, but a "bad guy" team that could work in unison.

Taskmaster & Graviton would be some pretty good addition as mid/high level threats to the individuals in the team - maybe see them introduced in any of this wave of movies.

Any characters or teams you'd like to see?
Old 05-06-2019, 02:03 PM
ventricle

Right -- Ironman made the glove to hold the stones, and being his suit is basically nanobots (the way in builds around him), the glove is digital info that Stark would already have. So not hard to believe Ironman would barely have to touch the glove to have it shift to him.

Probably should have been able to blowup the glove. On top of that, the way the suit is nanobots... think of other deadly uses for that...

Very emotionally weighty film. Well done. ATM I'd say second to the original.

I don't know if they stick with the Avengers, if Ironman, Cap and Widow are dead/gone. Maybe the switch to Defenders? A new Fantastic Four?

Could they really do Namor with wings on his ankles?

New threats for Avengers or whoever? I'd go with Zemo, but would be odd without Cap. Could link that in with The Enchantress if you want to keep Thor involved.

Actually, probably would go with Hydra. Maybe AIM. Ultron would work, but this Avengers film series kind of made Hank Pym irrelevant or too old with Michael Douglas, which is really a shame.

Last edited by Sculpt; 05-06-2019 at 02:43 PM.