Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Can you dig it ?

a little spam for a lot of pizza

So while perusing through MySpace bulletins 2 nights ago, I see one saying 'vote for my film'. Usually I don't bother with these except it happens to be from an ex lead actress I fired 12 hours until shoot time because I finally had had enough of her prima donna attitude. Geez, I was making a no budget zombie short for a festival and she was pulling all kinds of waiting games nonsense on everybody involved. Sorry, but I have a lot of people giving up their time and it's BS to ask them to cater to your specific whims on schedules. Anyhoooo I digress. I read Miss PD's link just to see once again if I might've missed out on parting ways (so far nothing I've seen) and it turns out it is for a local pizza franchise. Grand prize cash, pizza for the year, etc. I see there's still 2 days left to enter so.....
Long story short, I'd love to swipe the crown off her pointed head Grin YouTube ratings are 20% of overall points and it doesn't seem to matter since it looks like everyone just keeps giving low ratings to each others' movies. Duh ! I just need some views since I literally entered with seconds to spare. (it has been running since Sept 1). Just take a look
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ygBZFYrYevQ
ugh ! Been voted down already from these hyenas.
Thanks,
CK
ps The zombie short that Her Highness couldn't really be bothered with has made it to the semi-finals in George Romero's American Zombie Horror Film Fest muhahahahaha !
Old 10-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Banned

SPAM

That was pretty good......I gave you an "awesome" rating.

now I feel like pizza

and beer of course
Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Can you dig it ?

Shazam ! The restaurant called me earlier to say I am in their top 5 finalists and had a few questions to answer before the grand prize is awarded (mainly does anyone in my family work for them, will someone be home when a crew would come by to decorate house for Halloween, can they use the video in any form of advertising and would I be interviewed on the news Halloween morning). Considering I only did it as a goof, I'm looking like a serious contender all of a sudden :D Best part was the lady in charge of contest let it slip that everyone at the company absolutely loves my video. Newb, we gotta stock up on beer for all those pizzas !
CK
Old 10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Cranky

That's awesome Chris! I hope you win! That would be a real feather in your cap.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Can you dig it ?

Gracias. They announce winner on Monday which works for me since I can still book a ticket down to NC to see premiere of my zombie short at a festival there :D
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Waste Disposer

Good luck!
Where in NC?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Can you dig it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
Good luck!
Where in NC?
This Thursday, October 23rd at 7:30PM, The Light Factory will host an open screening of the following top 10 short film entries at the CAST Theater (located on Clement Ave.). All filmmakers who entered are on the guest list and we hope that you will come out to see the winning films and support each others’ efforts, network and have fun. There is a bar at the theater and we will sell tickets to the public for only $2 at the door. Please note that seating is limited at CAST, so come early to get a seat. There is additional entertainment planned for the evening. Feel free to get zombie-fied as well; it is certainly close enough to Halloween. We hope to see you there!
The top ten films are listed below; the five top scorers will be announced at the Oct. 23rd event. Without further ado, the top 10 finalists in the American Zombie Horror Film Contest are (in no particular order):

Antibody by Nathan Bezner
Devil Comes Down by Jerome McRoberts
Disgruntled by Brian & Heather McKnight
Grey Matter by Christian Norman
Maybe by Christopher Kahler
Roadkill by James Duke
See the Dead by Robert Filion
The King of the Zombies Paul Streiner
Your Heart is Mine by Jayson Barber
Zombie Hunters by Christopher Baker
Old 10-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Can you dig it ?

PIZZAGATE !
The contest was fixed and there are related videos to this effect as well. Bad. Very bad.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
That's messed up that they fixed the contest. The video that "won" was awful.