Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies

Old 04-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Therapy?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunman
I loved this movie! I bought it mainly coz I was a fan of Ichi the Killer, but I really found it interesting. Obviously it's rather extreme in what it portrays, but the message is quite clear to me...

It puts the message accross that no matter how different you and the rest of your family are, you will always stick by each other through thick or thin......The son is being bullied, the dad is a failing film maker and the mum is putting up with the dad's film obsessions.

At the end of the film, you see the wife helping the hubby with the dead corpse and then they both help the son with his bullies. They have all done some terrible things though the film but they all help each other at the end.

The moral is, no matter what a family member does, they are always family and you must always stick by them....Thats the way I see it anyway.
I think that's a pretty good interpretation. I just didn't like how it was layed out really, besides I prefer a good story over a deeper meaning.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I loved this movie! I bought it mainly coz I was a fan of Ichi the Killer, but I really found it interesting. Obviously it's rather extreme in what it portrays, but the message is quite clear to me...

It puts the message accross that no matter how different you and the rest of your family are, you will always stick by each other through thick or thin......The son is being bullied, the dad is a failing film maker and the mum is putting up with the dad's film obsessions.

At the end of the film, you see the wife helping the hubby with the dead corpse and then they both help the son with his bullies. They have all done some terrible things though the film but they all help each other at the end.

The moral is, no matter what a family member does, they are always family and you must always stick by them....Thats the way I see it anyway.

this completely contradicts what Noctuary was saying ...
Old 04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Banned

to be fair .. i've only seen One Missed Call, and Ichi the Killer.

I didnt like Ichi the Killer..

I have Gozu and Dead or Alive but they are in japanese only - no english.

I also have Audition but havent seen it yet ..

i thought one missed call was ok .. i'm willing to give Audition a fair shake .. but everyone keeps raving over Ichi ...
Old 04-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Your funeral... my trial

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
this completely contradicts what Noctuary was saying ...
Well, it's certainly open to other interpretations, and I'm not going to say "I'm right, and everyone else is wrong."

By the way Urge, Audition is by far the best of Miike's films. I hope you enjoy it, as I feel it's a truly excellent film.

EDIT: I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't trying to attack anyone with my post. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and Visitor Q is a highly divisive film. I just wanted to explan that it wasn't merely "shock for shock's sake."

Last edited by noctuary; 04-12-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Therapy?

Audition is one of my favorite movies.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Smack My Titties

Visitor Q is a serious attack on the nuclear family, where the stranger destroys the disfunctional home he arrives at by leading each member towards their darkest desires. The bullied/bully son makes a break for it, while the corpse-fucking husband ("You shit on me... even when you're dead, you still shit on me!!") and wayward daughter regress to infantilism as they suckle on Mom's hyper-lactating breastses.

Very provocative, and much fun.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Evil Dead

I can't believe how much milk she squirts out. That shit is seriously spraying everywhere. She is like a human cow with udders for nipples.

My DVD Collection
Old 04-13-2006, 05:50 AM
Banned

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
Audition is one of my favorite movies.

happy birthday angela anaconda :)
Old 04-22-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I can't believe how much milk she squirts out. That shit is seriously spraying everywhere. She is like a human cow with udders for nipples.
That is a rather good scene.

I randomly got this film a while ago by giving my other half a list of 20 films she had never heard of and asked her to pick 2(the other was Scrapbook).

We both thoughly enjoyed it, it may be fucked up, it my have hidden meanings but we just thought it was great.

Vague Spoiler:

The other bit with the milk scene is the bloke only walks in for a bloody bin bag and fair enough sh'e wearing one, like you do, but then she puts on a rather odd floor show.

This is our favorite of Miike's films justed cause it's so mental:)