Old 02-21-2019, 08:06 AM
Evil is Better

Just so you all know, you don't actually have to believe your arguments when your arguing against somebodys answer. The winner is the best argument regardless of how you feel

Old 02-21-2019, 08:41 AM
Banned

That literally makes no sense. You're telling us to create an argument whether if we believe it or not? I don't get it. I mean if we have an argument in the first place it's going to be because we feel strongly about it, not because we are just making shit up off the top of our head because that wouldn't make any sense nor would it make the argument any better. I mean the films we are choosing our because we have a certain opinion about them and as far as our opponents choices go, if we feel something we are going to say it but if we don't we aren't going to make up something that's not there.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
That literally makes no sense. You're telling us to create an argument whether if we believe it or not? I don't get it. I mean if we have an argument in the first place it's going to be because we feel strongly about it, not because we are just making shit up off the top of our head because that wouldn't make any sense nor would it make the argument any better. I mean the films we are choosing our because we have a certain opinion about them and as far as our opponents choices go, if we feel something we are going to say it but if we don't we aren't going to make up something that's not there.
I can think of a few things I would use against The Thing even though I personally would love to see a TV version and think my points aren't even important or valid. It's all about making an argument to discredit your opponents choices while making yours look better in order to win. It's not about sharing opinions and complimenting each other's choices.

But if you don't want to do that go ahead, I'm not forcing you but saying that you can't come up with anything bad to say about The Thing makes me lean towards choosing that as the winner since even you, the opponent, is complimenting it.

I'm basing this game off Screen Junkies Movie Fights and that's how they do it there

No reason to get upset

Last edited by The Villain; 02-21-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:36 AM
Banned

I gave my opinions on both other choices. I honestly had nothing bad to say about the idea for the thing. I know that's not what I'm supposed to do but fuck it, it's not like anything real is at stake here.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
I gave my opinions on both other choices. I honestly had nothing bad to say about the idea for the thing. I know that's not what I'm supposed to do but fuck it, it's not like anything real is at stake here.
That's fine. No one's saying you have to do it any different

Old 02-21-2019, 07:55 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
That literally makes no sense. You're telling us to create an argument whether if we believe it or not?
That's what a debate is. You are given a side of an argument and debate it's merits (i.e the show you chose) and point out the flaws of the other side's (i.e their chosen shows).
Old 02-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Misanthrope

The Conjuring has been overdone and milked dry with sequels and spinoffs so I think a lot of it's intended audience won't bother or care to watch it as what was effective in the first film has been diluted with unnecessary cash grab sequels.

All anyone will think of when this idea is pitched is the Friday the 13th series which had a similar premise to what your suggesting. It is widely regarded as one of the worst horror shows of all time and a shameless cash grab.

The anthology style horror series is dead since American Horror Story fleshed out a different story to a full season. This is now the audience's expectation.

Masters of Horror and Fear Itself didn't really take off even with stories directed by the big guns of horror cinema.

Anthology horror is patchy at best. It would only take someone tuning in for a bad episode and then you've lost them.

So ultimately this has shown a track record of failure.

Quote:
With that said, Maniac could also probably work as a series, but I couldn't really see it taking off when we have shows like Hannibal or Bates Motel even where it's pretty open-and-shut as to what's going on. Both of those shows were canceled, despite the massive popularity behind the film series has. Maniac isn't really well known by the casual movie fan or television fan. I'm not saying it wouldn't last, but I am saying that the idea of some serial killer discovering himself and the descent into madness and all of that has been done to death.
As I said in my argument the premise and style of Maniac is different to the FBI/cop based shows which Hannibal was. It also doesn't show the killer as being likeable like Dexter it has more of a gritty realism to it which hasn't been done in a TV format.

Bates Motel touched on the descent into madness but was ultimately concerned with the town itself and its corruption. It took 3 seasons to really get into the theme of Norman being a killer.

The smaller following of Maniac gives it an advantage as a lot more of the audience won't be walking in with preconceived notions of what it should be.
Psycho and the Silence of the Lambs series had HUGE audiences of fans and was starting on the backfoot because people were expecting it to fail from the start and not live up to the classic films.

Maniac is widely considered a trash B-Movie so the only way is up from it's origins.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:33 PM
Evil is Better

Ok that's enough. I'm not having you ruin this thread with your bullshit. Comments are being deleted and if you don't let it go, you're getting a ban. This is your warning.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 AM
Evil is Better

I'd really like this thead to not die so i'm hoping Sculpt, Angra, Cheeba and whoever else wants to play joins in.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:25 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I'd really like this thead to not die so i'm hoping Sculpt, Angra, Cheeba and whoever else wants to play joins in.
Hey man, you know I donít write more than one sentense in each post.

I'm right. It's the rest of the world that's wrong.