Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-08-2008, 06:56 AM
For Vendetta

After Juno, it is Jennifer's Body

February 8, 2008

The perfectly ditzy Mean Girls star, Amanda Seyfried, will star opposite Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body, Diablo Cody and Jason Reitman's follow-up collaboration to Juno.

Karyn Kusama is directing the dark comedy-horror for Fox Atomic.

Cody's script centers on Jennifer (Fox), a cheerleader who is possessed by a demon and starts feeding off the boys in a Minnesota farming town. Her bookish best friend Needy (Seyfried) must take drastic measures to protect their town from the seductive teenager and her appetite for high school guys.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 AM
mostly ghostly?

hmmm, this should at the very least be quite amusing.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 AM
For Vendetta

Feb 27, 2008

Screenwriter Diablo Cody, who just won an Academy Award for her JUNO screenplay, chatted with Illinois’ Daily Herald about her upcoming genre movie JENNIFER’S BODY.

Cody spoke of the spirit she’s aiming for with the high-school horror/comedy: “It’s going to surprise people, because even though it’s me and Jason Reitman [who directed JUNO and is producing BODY] again, this is definitely not a gunning-for-the-Oscar type of movie. This is a fun, go get scared, get your Junior Mints and popcorn and have a blast movie. Not that JUNO wasn’t fun, but this is extra super-duper fun.”

For his part, Reitman provided the following succinct summary of the film (which Karyn Kusama will direct) to USA Today: “Imagine if Juno became possessed by demons and began eating her classmates.”

Cody’s script deals with just that, except rather than an eccentric 16-year-old pregnant girl, the title character in JENNIFER’S BODY is a cheerleader, played by Megan Fox from TRANSFORMERS, imbued with satanic nastiness after an encounter with a dark heavy metal band. Amanda (MEAN GIRLS) Seyfried co-stars as her best friend, who tries to stop Jennifer’s boy-killing rampage.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Infection Form

Meghan Fox can feed off my body any day :p
Old 03-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Am I the only person who doesn't like Megan Fox?
Old 03-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Infection Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post
Am I the only person who doesn't like Megan Fox?
Hah hah you kidder.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:51 AM
For Vendetta

December 22, 2008

Jennifer's Body, the upcoming dark comedy/horror film by Juno screenwriter Diablo Cody, has been set for a September 2009 release date.

Fox Atomic now has the Megan Fox flick penciled in for September 18, 2009. The move may raise some eyebrows among film enthusiasts who are well aware that September has been traditionally considered a dumping ground for movies in which studios have little confidence.

The new date will put it up against the offbeat CG-animated comedy Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the heist thriller Armored, and the Soderberg-directed Matt Damon thriller The Informant.

Jennifer's Body stars Fox as a sexy cheerleader who is possessed by a demon and starts feeding off the boys in a small Minnesota farming town. Her "plain Jane" best friend (played by Mean Girls' Amanda Seyfried) must kill her, then escape from a correctional facility to go after the Satan-worshipping rock band responsible for the horrible transformation.

The movie also stars Adam Brody, J.K. Simmons, and Johnny Simmons. Girlfight and Aeon Flux filmmaker Karyn Kasuma directs from Cody's script.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
this sounds terrible.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 AM
No redeeming qualities

Initial reviews are lukewarm at best; as feared, Cody couldn't keep her "look at me, I'm so fucking HIP" tendencies in check.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuglystick View Post
Initial reviews are lukewarm at best; as feared, Cody couldn't keep her "look at me, I'm so fucking HIP" tendencies in check.
Yep, nothing in this movie I'm remotely interested in. In the trailer every single guy was wearing eyeliner, so it will either be "I'm so happy I found you Jennifer, my life was so dark until you... GRRAHHHHHH!" or "I'm a punky badass and you're an object and... GRAHHHHH!" I didn't like Juno and I don't find Megan Fox attractive in the least, I make a shitty male teenager but I'm going to see "The Informant!" instead.