Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 09-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Little Boo

Talking Anyone want to suggest movie scenes for a tattoo design?

Hello fellow horror junkies! I’m very new here and thought this would be the safest place to post this. Please delete if not allowed.

I’m in the process of compiling images from 1970 to 1990s horror films for my next tattoo (leg) sleeve. I have approximately five weeks to go through as many movies as my schedule will allow to find the most nostalgic, interesting, and, most importantly, SCARRY frames from movies so I can present them to my artist.

I’m running into several problems with this, but the biggest one is there’s just SO much to rewatch! I tried to streamline things by using rotten tomatoes ratings or internet “best of” lists, but that doesn’t seem to be cutting it. I could use some real recommendations from real horror fans.

Additionally, I really don’t want just 20 faces of creatures, monsters, and demons on my leg. I’d rather it be more subtle, such as the silhouette of Leatherface in the sunrise at the end of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Freddy coming through the wall of Friday the 13th, or the spiraling stare-case/column from the intro to Tales from the Crypt.

I will say, even though I’m only a week into this, it’s been really fun rewatching a lot of movies I haven’t seen in at-least 10 years. Stuff that terrified me as a child, or being blown away at practical effects that just aren’t done anymore. I’m sure I’ll continue through my list even after I’ve made my final selections. It’s just fantastic rewatching the great stuff and hilarious rewatching the not so good.

So, anyone want to recommend a movie or scene that will be permanently tattooed onto on body? Thank you in advance!
Old 09-02-2019, 06:06 PM
This is a test

Anything from:

Phantasm
They Live(those creepy alien faces when John Nada wears the sunglasses)
Halloween 3 Season of the Witch
Terminator
Silver Bullet
Black Christmas (original)
American Werewolf in London
Exorcist
Hatchet
Candyman
Old 09-03-2019, 06:30 AM
This is a test

Lost Boys
Frightnight (original)
Pet Semetary (original)
Swamp Thing

Last edited by Bloof; 09-03-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Little Boo

I suggest you
1.Silver Bullet
2. Exorcist
3. Fright night
For more Halloween tattoos design you can check on on spirit Halloween coupon because I saw many unique scary designs of tattoos there, so I hope you will find the best design there.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:36 PM
That fucking Guy...

Why not just an original piece with the character/s you want?
Dunno, just going off a scene seems like you could do a bit better...talk with an artist some...they'll ask you questions that will help you come up with what you want.

Though I suppose if I was going to go with an actual SCENE? Or something inspired by a scene?
The Krueger coming through/stretching the wall from NOES1.
See, that's more an impression "inspired by" the scene...so no Nancy, no bed, just that going on using the skin as the "wall"...and it's something that would trigger memories of that movie, that scene. You could put the quote "This...is God" on there someplace.

I always liked the Critters "red eyes" through darkness as well, I'd probably throw that in too.

But that's just me.

See this is the kind of back and forth that you'd want from a good artist that gives a fuck about the actual job, at least...they'd probably advise against doing anything scene for scene too.

Do some stuff in your head first though.
Think.
What actually scared you, or left an impression.
Make yourself a list.
Then think about what you liked about that scene, that movie, that character.
Carpenter and King have a lot to work from - but...do you like them?
Tats should always come from YOU, yeah?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:37 PM
That fucking Guy...

Also...can't stress this enough.
FUCK going of a wall, fuck going off existing art and designs.
If you're going to do that, just buy a t-shirt.
You put it on you, make it yours.