Old 12-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Rarebird

Ghost In Mirror

Hello,

Got a stumper for all you "experts" out there on classic horror films.

Back in the 60's I watched two late-night horror shows called "Chiller" and "Shockwatch". One of these programs aired a film that I believe was titled "The Uninvited" or "The Uninvited Guest". It featured a scene where a woman was dragged into a mirror by a ghost. I have yet to find it, or even confirm the title. Any takers?

Thanks for all your help.

-Marlon-
Old 12-29-2007, 06:57 AM
Undead

mirror ghost

Hmm ...
That is a stumper.
It's certainly not THE UNINVITED, and while there are several films titled THE UNINVITED GUEST, none fit the description. There's a haunted mirror sequence in DEAD OF NIGHT, though that doesn't seem quite right either. Could it have been a Mexican film? Check out THE WITCH'S MIRROR. The plot is completely insane, but the imagery is plenty nightmarish enough to have made a lasting impression (i.e., a delicious warping effect) on a young mind.

http://www.DunbarAuthor.com
Old 12-29-2007, 11:35 AM
The Countess

Send a message via Yahoo to Marya Zaleska
Boris Karloff's Thriller/ The Hungry Glass

There was a TV series from 1960-62 called Boris Karloff's Thriller.

It ran for two years and was an hour long show.

Many of the episodes were based on supernatural themes. These were the best.

There was one that starred William Shatner called The Hungry Glass.

He and his wife bought an old home by the sea which was supposed to be haunted.

Formerly there was an old sea captain's wife that enjoyed looking at herself in mirrors all over the house. Even when she was an old hag she looked young in her mirrors. One time she was looking at herself in the window glass and fell to her death.

The couple began seeing strange things around the house and thet finally find the mirrors in the attic. While the husband is talking to a friend downstairs his wife is looking at herself in the mirrors and the old hag pulls her into the mirror.
The husband goes to help and tries to crack the mirror but unfortunately he in actuality kills his wife.

This was one of the very best episodes of the entire series.

This series has not yet been reissued by CBS, but I was able to purchase the entire series for $75.oo in a 8.5 to 9 grade out of 10 for the picture.

I don't know if it is still available. It seems that all of these stores that sell reissues have been shut down due to copywrite infrindgement. But check the net. There is all kinds of stuff out there.

The Countess
Old 12-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Rarebird

Thank You, Countess...

I've seen the Shatner film. It wasn't it. The film I'm looking for was a typical "group of friends away for the week-end in an old house" movie, but with the atypical scene I mentioned. It seemed quite old even at the time I saw it. Probably made in the 40's. Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Rarebird

Hey, The title "Uninvited Guest" has stuck in my mind for decades. It must be the correct title, but I can find no reference to it anywhere. Thanks for the info.

-Marlon-
Old 12-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Rarebird

Thanks Robert,

I'll have to check out the Mexican film, however, I'm positive it isn't a Mexican film I'm looking for. Thanks just the same.

http://www.nuvoimage.com
Old 12-30-2007, 07:03 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

It sure sounds like the Thriller episode, "The Hungry Glass" with William Shatner.

Featuring a classic toast spoken by Russell Johnson (of Gilligan's Island fame):

"Champagne for our real friends...and real pain for our sham friends!"

Friend....gooooood!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

There is a 1944 movie called "The Uninvited" with Ray Milland. None of the reviews make mention of a mirror.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037415/
Old 12-30-2007, 10:01 AM
The Countess

Send a message via Yahoo to Marya Zaleska
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
There is a 1944 movie called "The Uninvited" with Ray Milland. None of the reviews make mention of a mirror.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037415/
The Uninvited is one of my favorite ghost stories.

There is no mirror in the film.

Countess Marya

The Countess
Old 12-31-2007, 04:42 AM
Rarebird

Hi Countess,

I have "The Uninvited" with Ray Miland. It's a great film, but not what I'm searching for. I'm always looking for things I can't find (now where did I put my head?).

By the way...you look great :)

-Marlon-