Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Misanthrope

Yeh its definatley not a horror film. Christain Bale is great in it I'm just dissapointed that the movie left out alot of the gore of the book because handled rightly it would've furthered the black humour that makes the story so good.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Evil Dead

About Demme and women in prison flicks....He directed Caged Heat, and besides White Mamma, Black Mamma, he also wrote and produced The Hot Box, also with Margaret Markov. If exploitation movies were given Oscars, the preppy girl playing Candy would have whined her way to a gold statue. If you dig Margaret, also check out Run, Angel, Run, a great William Smith biker movie, and The Naked Warriors, a female glaidiatorix movie which most displays her perky little breasts. And I swear I can spot her as an extra in Altman's Nashville, dammit!!!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Misanthrope

I've been meaning to see Caged Heat but haven't been able to find anywhere that rents it so I guess I'll have to fold and buy it. Margret Markov's great I really enjoyed Balck Mama, White Mama I'll have to check out more i think.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by orangestar
Anyway, I accidentally came upon a site that had "actual" pictures of the victims (I'm not to sure though) and they gave me chills,
I have pictures of one of his victims. I had a Ed Gein Dedication page a couple years back and had them on there. anywayz I love Deranged.. Ed Gein is good too.. BUT of all the new serial killer movies that have been made recently Ed Gein gets my vote.. all the others IMO sux

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein

The best Ed Gein-related fiction, however, is the Cormac McCarthy novel Child Of God. It's a beautiful southern Gothic about Lester Ballard, a poor white-trash outcast in rural Tennessee who loses his home and is completely shunned by everyone in his community. He starts collecting dead women for companionship and is soon dressing in their clothes and braying at the moon. What's really clever about the novel is that you don't hate or fear Lester as you do Leather Face or Hannibal Lector. You simply pity him. He's a really sad individual who just needs to be loved. A very touching book, and McCarthy's prose is like reading poetry. Beautiful stuff.

mccarthy is awesome! i don't know where the man got his vocabulary but it's the most formiddable of any writer i think i've ever come across. very very dark and brooding, there never seemed even a glimmer of hope in his books that i've read.

henry is one of the best horror movies ever i'd say. if it is a horror movie.

'say that again otis'