Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Movies you grew up with.

I recently watched Little Monsters and I hadn't seen it since I was real young. I love that movie. I used to watch the hell out of it. Other films that got tons of play at my house were Howard the Duck, Monster Squad, Silver Bullet, Cellar Dweller, and Big Trouble in Little China to name a few. I was just wondering what were some movies you guys cherished as kids?
Old 11-02-2003, 06:52 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
When I was younger Little Monsters use to scare the crap out of me:( have not seen it since. I also watched ghostbusters 1&2 a lot(those movies are the best:) )
Old 11-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

The Goonies.. and alot of those you mentioned...
Old 11-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Evil Dead

my mom raised me on the howling. my dad raised me on the old classics like dracula and the wolfman and frankenstein. howard the duck was boss back then, now kinda corny. little monsters also scared the shit outta me.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Horror Fan

The Lost Boys, Ghostbusters, Gremlins.....just to name a few.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Evil Dead

i grew up watching halloween movies
Old 11-03-2003, 05:50 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by SoUl SuRvIvOrS
The Goonies.. and alot of those you mentioned...
Shit, I forgot to put the Goonies on there.

Also, Stand By Me was a classic in my house. Nothing to this day has given me the same type of fear as when they find the kid's body and show his face.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Evil Dead

Movies like Back to the future, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, Ferris Bueller's Day off, Planes Trains & Automobiles & Bill & Ted.

I also remember the first time I saw Friday the 13th, the ending where Jason jumps up from the water scared the hell outta me... I also remember when I watched Evil Dead 1 & 2 back to back with my brother (he's 6 years older than I am). I even remember a movie me and my sister (who's 5 years older) rented called Dr. Giggles about a crazy dentist! I must have been about 12 then.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Hellraiser

Jurassic Park, i saw it on video when i was about 5. it scared me to death (when i first saw the scene with the raptors in the kitchen i nearly cried). I loved it though, and watched it all the time, since i've always been fasinated by dinosaurs. Now when i watch it, it reminds me of the 'good-old-days' when i'd come home from pre-school and sit on my little red table and have my lunch in front of JP.

(sorry, i know i'm boring you)
Old 11-03-2003, 07:31 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Big trouble in little china, goonies, gremlins, terminator, jurassic park... Stuff like that... I never got many horror movies playing in my house when i was really little... Then my brother Marc started getting into them a lot more...

I still remember the first time I saw Army of Darkness... I kept forgetting the name on the side of the (blockbuster) box, yet I would keep trying to think of the name that went with that great movie up until I finally saw it again a few years later...

Ah, nostalgia... :rolleyes:

Thinking about the past can really pick up a lousy day...

*FADE OUT*